OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Great couple weeks keeps chugging along.

My dad’s been in the hospital since Wednesday for having fluid in his lungs.

He has liver disease and has been sick for the past couple years but over the summer he tripped over one of his dogs and broke a couple ribs and got pneumonia shortly after.

He’s been having fluid issues since which is due to the liver now. We found out today that they’re likely keeping him in for another ten or so days with all of the tests they are running to get him on a transplant list but he keeps failing the tests because of the reoccurring fluid in his lungs.

I know people like to mock it on the internet but keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For those Trailer Park Boys fans, the actor who plays Jim Lahey has passed away.

f*** that guy was hilarious.
tenor.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He has liver disease and has been sick for the past couple years but over the summer he tripped over one of his dogs and broke a couple ribs and got pneumonia shortly after.

He’s been having fluid issues since which is due to the liver now. We found out today that they’re likely keeping him in for another ten or so days with all of the tests they are running to get him on a transplant list but he keeps failing the tests because of the reoccurring fluid in his lungs.

I know people like to mock it on the internet but keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear HC. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

That sucks HC.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Damn... best of luck to him.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Tomorrow I get to (co)teach a lesson that I (co)planned for the first time to my 7th grade class as part of my junior field experience for my history ed major. Never made a lesson plan before this weekend and I've only ever taught lessons that my mentor teacher already had prepared. I'm pretty excited for the opportunity! I'm hoping it'll be a big step towards gaining more experience and feeling more comfortable leading a class full of middle schoolers. :laugh:

Congrats! You are definitely correct, the only way to get more comfortable in the classroom is the by having the experience of running one. You can know every educational theory and write the best lesson plans of all time, but it is the interaction with students during class that makes a good teacher.

I taught middle school for 7 years, bounced from 7th grade SS to 8th grade Science and then back to SS but in 8th grade to finish out my classroom career. I left the classroom about a year ago to become the Supervisor of Ed Tech for my district as we implemented a 1:1 program with Chromebooks. I basically float around the district helping teachers of every subject from K-12 learn how to implement tech in their classrooms and create PD resources for teachers to utilize.

If you ever have any questions or want someone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to reach out.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I wish the best for Danko and Hollywood's loved ones. My brother had a rough summer and nearly died. When you have a choice between a local hospital or a four hour trip to the Cleveland Clinic where they gave you your heart transplant in the first place, GO TO CLEVELAND.

I am also sad for the loss of John Dunsworth. The Boys losing Jim Lahey is like the Road Runner losing Wile E. Coyote. The show will never be the same.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Are all the older threads gone from before the new format? When I go in to the search option, rarely do things come up.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I am almost wondering if you lurk and read (as I often do) but don't post for a certain period of time you get "booted" so to speak. Didn't seem to happen under the old format but....

I am doing a little test where, after logging in, I clicked on the account icon (top-right, next to the conversations icon) to bring up my account info. Since doing that, I have wandered around HF Boards and have remained logged on. Previously today, I couldn't do much of anything without getting logged off.

Furthermore, the fact that I could post without having to log on again is a promising sign.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Next time you guys feel like you need more friends, just remember:

My dog barks, waits for his echo to bark back, and then returns another bark.

If he can Macgyver his social life, so can you guys.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Thinking about getting a 2015 GMC Terrain, feel like im losing a part of me by getting rid of the truck,but i only owed like 3k on it and don't want to replace the transmission. Getting 5,500 for it as trade in.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Went to Honda dealer today to get my airbags replaced (both) as part of a recall, start chatting with the shuttle driver about my past weekend fishing. This turns into him being from Northern Manitoba where the fishing is great, I ask where out of curiosity (not that I really know anywhere north of Winnipeg lol), he says "Flin Flon" - I say "Home of the Bombers!" (only really knowing this from an avatar from one of our members here). He says wow, I am surprised you know about them, we produced alot of great players from my era, he starts to list off Clarke, Leach, etc. Turns out, he is a Flyers fan as well, and played with Leach in minor hockey as a kid - was a cool/random story, fitting of the BEDMAS edition of our banter thread I thought :)

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
This probably isn't a good place to ask, but do any of you guys play synths?
I'm looking into possibly buying one, but I don't really know what I want between the Arturia MicroBrute or the Roland JDXI or anything around that price range.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
This probably isn't a good place to ask, but do any of you guys play synths?
I'm looking into possibly buying one, but I don't really know what I want between the Arturia MicroBrute or the Roland JDXI or anything around that price range.

im an audio engineer work with synths all day pretty much. What do you plan on using it for? Are you using it for performance? Primarily recording? Just playing for fun?

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
im an audio engineer work with synths all day pretty much. What do you plan on using it for? Are you using it for performance? Primarily recording? Just playing for fun?

Mostly just messing around, possibly recording. It would be really heavy psychedelic sounds that I'm after.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

man that stinks. Best wishes to you and your family. really hope everything works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad