OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Why are you watching it? :laugh:

Life is too short and there is too much good TV.

I am not watching it - I am hatewatching it :naughty: I can't stand to not have something on the TV at all times, but I am doing other stuff (mostly posting nonsense on here), so I can't concentrate on anything good that I would put on instead. Also, it feeds my hate and makes it stronger, so I have more to give Terry Bradshaw and all the other meganumpties on my List.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
I am at a point in life where I have pretty much sworn off network TV unless it's sports (NFL, NHL MLB & the English Premier League). I just don't seem to have the patience for the same crap "stories" presented in the same ways, just with different actors. Even some of the shows I thought were awesome initially have grown stale to me. Walking Dead got boring, Game of Thrones got boring. Again, this is me, I am certainly not telling others who enjoy those to not watch.

I have been watching a lot of Discovery, Science, Smithsonian etc. I'll check out Netflix or Amazon Prime from time to time and see if anything there catches my fancy (I do want to check out Stranger Things and I cannot wait until The Punisher premiers). Other than that...meh.

Oh, I do love watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 because it is the greatest TV show in the history of television. And if you don't agree with me there then I respect you and your opinion but you're just wrong. ;):D

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There are no words for the bureaucratic nonsense I just went through at customs, or the fortune it cost me to get there in a taxi and then pay the "taxes" (aka extortion) and the "storage fees" (aka protection money) to get my tobacco from Sweden out of captivity. I pray to God that none of you ever has to go through something like that. I was like a marble in a Rube Goldberg device that some sadistic m*********er built just to bedevil foreigners - not dirty backpackers, but regular foreigners with adult jobs. **** my life sideways in the neck. I have rubbed all the skin off my face and facepalmed my nose onto the back of my skull, and I only have about three or four minutes left before my head explodes, so sayonara!

atomic-mushroom-cloud-explosion-2-2.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Anything you do these days is often attached with some dumb ass fee(s). Companies don’t even try to hide them anymore. They just charge your ass with some dumb fee(s) that makes no sense & don’t give two f***s what you think about it.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
As an ignorant American who's never listened to the Hip, but dream of someday being a Canadian, I've spent the day at work with the whole catalog playing on Spotify to educate and understand.

They're really freakin good.

did you land on a favorite tune?

Last American Exit is mine. but I'm a Hip devotee and have been since my university days in the '9os. So, saw them live 100s of times.

I hope at all international hockey tournaments this year Team Canada's goal song is a Hip song. Courage would get my vote.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The documentary on the Hip "Long Time Running" is set to air tonight in Canada. It was originally set for Nov 12 but due to his passing, has been changed to today.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I am at a point in life where I have pretty much sworn off network TV unless it's sports (NFL, NHL MLB & the English Premier League). I just don't seem to have the patience for the same crap "stories" presented in the same ways, just with different actors. Even some of the shows I thought were awesome initially have grown stale to me. Walking Dead got boring, Game of Thrones got boring. Again, this is me, I am certainly not telling others who enjoy those to not watch.

I have been watching a lot of Discovery, Science, Smithsonian etc. I'll check out Netflix or Amazon Prime from time to time and see if anything there catches my fancy (I do want to check out Stranger Things and I cannot wait until The Punisher premiers). Other than that...meh.

Oh, I do love watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 because it is the greatest TV show in the history of television. And if you don't agree with me there then I respect you and your opinion but you're just wrong. ;):D

I don't watch ESPN anymore, its awful. Same with Fox Sports. Tired of how executives thing "debates and hot takes" are good formats for shows.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I don't watch ESPN anymore, its awful. Same with Fox Sports. Tired of how executives thing "debates and hot takes" are good formats for shows.

-2 imaginary points. *Mutes you, greying out your picture*

Striiker, Curu -- get ready for your 2 question showdown.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire

Yeah, I barely watch myself unless its a good Monday Night Football matchup or a good college football matchup on a Saturday. Occasionally there may be an interesting "30 for 30" but that's it and even that's being generous.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
did you land on a favorite tune?

Last American Exit is mine. but I'm a Hip devotee and have been since my university days in the '9os. So, saw them live 100s of times.

I hope at all international hockey tournaments this year Team Canada's goal song is a Hip song. Courage would get my vote.

I didn't, not the first time through. But multiple times I caught myself saying "damn, this is a great song!" And stopped what I was doing to look at the title. Naturally, I don't remember what any of them are. Par the course for crappy memory :huh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Mental Note: Do not read the Don Cherry thread ever again. Holy hell...

Sometimes when I go out in public, especially if I have to do some shopping, I get so, so moody - just the smallest things can make me hate everyone on Earth. I get home and I think "What's wrong with me?" But then you go on the main board and read the comments on pretty much any thread, and you realize that the vast majority of people in the world are unspeakably gormless morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->