OT: 2nd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy Pool (KUPO WINS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Congratulations @Kupo the HFNYR poolie champion!

Congrats @Kupo ! Sure made the 1st overall pick count :sarcasm: and great job climbing the standings all year to nearly win it all @bobbop !

VICTORY!!!!!!

celebration-apollo-creed.gif

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Congrats to both managers on a great final round. Too bad Friday turned out to be anti climactic. Kupo's team was really strong all year, and Bob's team barely ran out of gas & miracles.

Moving forward, next year we should vet players based on their level of participation this year. Sucked when half the teams were non competitive. Anyone who didn't manage their team weekly should be out. Also we need to discuss rules well in advance & vote on a new commissioner. I'd like to give an early nomination to @nyr2k2 Sorry Ed, although we do appreciate your efforts this past season. At least I do anyway.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Congrats to both managers on a great final round. Too bad Friday turned out to be anti climactic. Kupo's team was really strong all year, and Bob's team barely ran out of gas & miracles.

Moving forward, next year we should vet players based on their level of participation this year. Sucked when half the teams were non competitive. Anyone who didn't manage their team weekly should be out. Also we need to discuss rules well in advance & vote on a new commissioner. I'd like to give an early nomination to @nyr2k2 Sorry Ed, although we do appreciate your efforts this past season. At least I do anyway.
Damn I’m fired
I better still have a spot I ran it two years straight > : (

Reactions: Ail

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Happy with my teams finish. I'm down for next season and also if someone wanted to start up a keeper league
Idk if it’s a good idea to do a regular league + a keeper considering how hard it is to keep players participating all year with one league. Maybe switch to just one keeper? I’m down for either but it ducks when half the guys ditch their teams

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Surprised my record led to my place lol but had a ton of fun as always. Congrats Kupo on the win and thanks Ed for setting it all up. Definitely down for next year - keeper would be awesome too, but for the love of god don’t join and then quit

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm leery of a keeper league after seeing how this league went this year. Not a knock on anyone, I know shit comes up and IRL things take priority over fantasy hockey, but it was really a bummer when half the league quit within a couple weeks.

In any event, despite earlier comments to the contrary, I would like to play with you guys again. Whether it's as a commish as Boris mentioned or just as a standard player.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
At 71 years old, this was my first ever hockey fantasy league. Tough to figure out at first but I sure enjoyed winning 16 out of 17 to get to the Finals. Also enjoyed the back and forth with the engaged members. Came to realize certain people weren’t jerks after all.

If I’m still vertical, I’m in for next year.

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm leery of a keeper league after seeing how this league went this year. Not a knock on anyone, I know shit comes up and IRL things take priority over fantasy hockey, but it was really a bummer when half the league quit within a couple weeks.

In any event, despite earlier comments to the contrary, I would like to play with you guys again. Whether it's as a commish as Boris mentioned or just as a standard player.
Yeah this is typical of most leagues you join that isn't a vetted group who has played a lot of fantasy and will 100% remain active. Keepers are a good way to keep bad teams invested but it also takes the right people who are dedicated to the league long-term. I've done a lot of fantasy hockey and I can't recall one league that remained 100% active until the final week.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Yeah this is typical of most leagues you join that isn't a vetted group who has played a lot of fantasy and will 100% remain active. Keepers are a good way to keep bad teams invested but it also takes the right people who are dedicated to the league long-term. I've done a lot of fantasy hockey and I can't recall one league that remained 100% active until the final week.

Yeah those leagues are hard to find. Im dying to get into one

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad