GDT: 2024 Trade Deadline Day

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Pretty sure I saw we can’t paper him or KJ while they are on IR.
Pretty much, yeah.

In conclusion, everything is terrible, and so I'm off hanging out at the Preds deadline thread so that there's some excitement to the day. (Other than it being International Women's Day and my brother's birthday, anyways.)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Zucker for a 6th, with a buyers market I wonder if JD is scared to move anyone as stupid as that sounds

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Zucker for a 6th, with a buyers market I wonder if JD is scared to move anyone as stupid as that sounds
Coyotes fans are insisting Zucker was worthless and terrible and such and so the return makes sense. The Preds fan in me is hoping they're exaggerating that, but yeah, if those are the going prices for depth wingers then I don't mind JD standing pat.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Maybe they decided that the prices weren't enough to bother to take Rosie out of the room? I know he is popular with a lot of the team.
Its possible and kind of what I posted on a thread on the mains. At this point maybe they just want to finish the season on hopefully more of a high. Get the kids playing some winning hockey is greater than grabbing a 5th or something. The thought of resigning him though... Dont know what that deal looks like and I already dont like it :laugh:

Coyotes fans are insisting Zucker was worthless and terrible and such and so the return makes sense. The Preds fan in me is hoping they're exaggerating that, but yeah, if those are the going prices for depth wingers then I don't mind JD standing pat.
I dont think thats it as much as Nashville took the full 5.3mil contract

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Its possible and kind of what I posted on a thread on the mains. At this point maybe they just want to finish the season on hopefully more of a high. Get the kids playing some winning hockey is greater than grabbing a 5th or something. The thought of resigning him though... Dont know what that deal looks like and I already dont like it :laugh:

I dont think thats it as much as Nashville took the full 5.3mil contract
Yeah, I'd known about the lack of retention but didn't know his contract was that large. :scared:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
At the end of the day the trade is Sharagovich+3rd for a future 2nd+3rd. Looks like a top 6 wing is a need, unless Holtz actually does something. Either way its still a loss
Sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles. Could have also looked like a smart move if the defense and goaltending looked better this year. Alas they didn't. When you have an embarassment of riches at forward sometime you gotta move those that you don't have room for. I've said it before but I'll say it again, Sharangovich wasn't going to do in NJ what he is doing now for the Flames behind guys like Hughes, Hischier, and Bratt.

Jarmo loved his prospects too much. In a year or 2 we could be in the same boat as NJ with a lot of good young forwards but need more depth on D and goal. In fact I expect it based upon current construction of the roster. I'd like to think a new GM will have the stones to not be afraid to move an still developing guy to try and make the team better. You can't afford to pay everybody if every prospect develops like we all talk like they will.

I'm guessing someone hijacked Hedger's account. Otherwise these tweets would end with something along the lines of "And all the CBJ fans on the internet are morons."
To be fair, if you actually read twitter, most of them are morons.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”​

― George Carlin

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles. Could have also looked like a smart move if the defense and goaltending looked better this year. Alas they didn't. When you have an embarassment of riches at forward sometime you gotta move those that you don't have room for. I've said it before but I'll say it again, Sharangovich wasn't going to do in NJ what he is doing now for the Flames behind guys like Hughes, Hischier, and Bratt.

Jarmo loved his prospects too much. In a year or 2 we could be in the same boat as NJ with a lot of good young forwards but need more depth on D and goal. In fact I expect it based upon current construction of the roster. I'd like to think a new GM will have the stones to not be afraid to move an still developing guy to try and make the team better. You can't afford to pay everybody if every prospect develops like we all talk like they will.

To be fair, if you actually read twitter, most of them are morons.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”​

― George Carlin
A loss is a loss regardless of intentions. They did what Jarmo did and banked on questionable goalies and young players. Injuries happen, it sucks but it happens, not a league thats going to feel bad for you

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
TSN guys about to do their mock draft lottery. IIRC we won it last year (as the #1 seed)

Guess we'll see where we end up in their mock list

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Jackets moved down one spot in the fake lottery drawing from 4th overall to 5th overall. Ottawa and San Jose won the mock lottery, with San Jose winning first.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Button mocked us to take Cayden Lindstrom at 5th overall. Over Catton, Eiserman, Dickinson, and Silayev

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Typical strange Button list but putting Lindstrom in Columbus' pick is A+.

Interesting comment saying he thinks Demidov is more ralented that Michkov

Button mocked us to take Cayden Lindstrom at 5th overall. Over Catton, Eiserman, Dickinson, and Silayev
I would cheer quite loudly if it happens that way

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
we fall, not wasting our luck for a TSN broadcast ;)
Neither did Chicago. 😬
Typical strange Button list but putting Lindstrom in Columbus' pick is A+.

Interesting comment saying he thinks Demidov is more ralented that Michkov
Lindstrom is one of the few prospects that I'm not totally sold on. If CBJ pick him, I can't wait to be proven wrong though. I've had a strange feeling for some time now that they are either getting Lindstrom or Dickinson.

Saying Demidov is more talented than Michkov is just ridiculous, in my opinion.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Neither did Chicago. 😬

Lindstrom is one of the few prospects that I'm not totally sold on. If CBJ pick him, I can't wait to be proven wrong though. I've had a strange feeling for some time now that they are either getting Lindstrom or Dickinson.

Saying Demidov is more talented than Michkov is just ridiculous, in my opinion.
Lindstrom and Dickinson are 2 of the prospects with limited knowledge Id have at the top of my list based on where we project to pick. Buium sounds interesting too. I also wonder if the team would take a serious look at Demidov should he be available wherever they pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad