GDT: 2024 Trade Deadline Day

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The big day has arrived. Use this thread for all around the league or CBJ trades. If any CBJ trade breaks, obviously we'll break it off into its own thread.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I'm going to guess that they only trade Roslovic with 50 % retention. I am hoping for a 2nd round pick, but expecting a 3rd at the most.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowumbus

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
What would be the minimum you would take for Tarasov?

I think I’d trade him for a mid second and somebody’s backup goalie.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Tarasov is starting to get used to the NHL and we'll trade him. Not a bad idea. Especially with our young guys.

I'm going to guess that they only trade Roslovic with 50 % retention. I am hoping for a 2nd round pick, but expecting a 3rd at the most.
He's playing great right now, so I'm not sure. Unless he was preparing a comeback player.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

So we trade Tarasov and...?

Let jet play backup for the season and ruin Clevelands run?

So if you don't want that then we need a goalie back.

On another note, I really don't think we do anything today, there's been so many minor deals we would've done something if we were. Unless someone has no other options and has to circle back to provorov or ros, I don't see much action for us today.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Given the prices we've already seen for better players... if Rosy returns a 5th I think they'd be lucky

Under over on Jackets making a trade 1.5
Under. I just don't see the value of any cbj options this year being worth it. I'm not even sure they'll move Rosy

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'd rather they don't make any moves today, let the new GM do his thing this summer. No need to make unnecessary moves now - besides, they're playing good. Let them enjoy that for the last part of the season.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
My guess is Roslovic for a 4th. Vegas, LA, and the Islanders are all playoff hunting and rank in the bottom half of the league in goal scoring.

I'd take a 7th for Peeke but based on Seravalli's reporting it sounds like we've exhausted all trade options and are headed for a buyout.

Curious if they'll move Provorov or Bean instead to free up some D space.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

At least this doesn't show the top half of his head.

I fully expect the only real move we make is taking on salary as a broker.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Is that PLD report from a reputable person? I know he covers Ottawa for THW but I kinda figure Boston and LA are big enough markets that it would have been out already

I have not been able to find such reporting from a more established, national writer.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Under over on Jackets making a trade 1.5
Taking the over if you include salary retention as a trade. I can see us being a last minute broker for a team or two at the last minute. Roslovic at 50% is probably going to be a last minute thing and probably no better than a 4th if we are lucky.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

At least this doesn't show the top half of his head.

I fully expect the only real move we make is taking on salary as a broker.

Is there a legitimate reason to use this many phones or is this a joke or something? I don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad