WJC: 2024 Team Canada Roster Talk - Part 1

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
The coaching staff didn't miss the net all game.

Besides, it's NO one fault. It's life.

We could just as easily have lost the last 2 years but we got lucky - especially against the Finns. Today, we got UN-lucky. It is what it is.

It is 100% on the coaching not using the players properly, not using lines that made sense.

I'm sure you had fun watching. Just enjoy the rest of the tournament.

You think I am wasting my time watching the rest of this dog shit tournament?? LOL no

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Sure but the WJHC is usually a fun way to spend the holidays so it sucks that this tournament was such a waste of time and ends with a totally undserving winner.

I usually like to watch sports to see good games and excellence not complete dog shit like we have seen this tournament.
You got beat.

They should just give the trophy to Canada every year.

Reactions: All the Answers

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Top players outside of Celebrini just couldn't perform. Recipe for disaster when the NHL has the rest of this age groups talent. Savoie, Dumais, Geekie, Poitras just weren't good enough and there was no error for them to not be anything but good. Not sure how you can include Minten in there other than the fact that he was named captain. Was never expected to be a big offensive role player for them but yeah he didnt produce offense I guess. Although he had his best game today.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
lol come on now im pissed also but still gonna watch the rest of it. even if not fully paying attention whole 60mins of each game

Why would I watch anymore? This tournament has been shit, the teams left are nothing but shit. No reason to watch another minute of this garbage.

• Haha

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Why would I watch anymore? This tournament has been shit, the teams left are nothing but shit. No reason to watch another minute of this garbage.
sweden and usa both look decent finland have turned it around... cze are okayish...

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
It is 100% on the coaching not using the players properly, not using lines that made sense.

You think I am wasting my time watching the rest of this dog shit tournament?? LOL no
Thanks for your support

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
most of the experts slamming Team Canada couldn't carry their gear to the bus .

At
At the end of the day they just couldn't hit the net for whatever reason.
At the end of the day, the Chech goalie was a wall.

TonsofPuppies

Pack your shit, Shanny!
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
most of the experts slamming Team Canada couldn't carry their gear to the bus .

At

At the end of the day, the Chech goalie was a wall.
He was good, but I would stop short of saying he used Jedi mind tricks to make the Canadian forwards shoot the puck over the net. They were just bad, from day one. Roster was gutted by the NHL and injuries this year and then on top of that, you had an absolute bellend for a HC that deployed the mediocre scraps used to assemble the roster in the worst ways possible. Minten would have done great in a 3C position or example. As a Leaf fan, he never should have touched that top line and yet, he did, for the entire tournament. Terrible coaching.

The one positive is that we will never have to see this loser coach another game for Canada.
8b2yxv.jpg

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Canada should always be in a position to medal regardless of how many guys are missing.

It’s pointless to dwell on who isn’t there.

They had the game and they blew it in the end.

100% I agree with that.

I am just talking about the lack of quality from the other teams in the tournament when people claim they are good, A lot of mediocrity on Sweden and especially the US.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Not surprised. This roster was pretty weak on paper to begin with. Celebrini the only one that really looked dangerous and created all tourney, youre not going to have much success when that is the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad