Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Conspiracy theory...

I've already argued that I think the Vikings and Patriots are cooking up a trade.

I thought that the KJ Osborn signing was a bit strange. I like him, but he's more of a slot guy than a boundary receiver, and the Patriots already have Pop Douglas, so I didn't see a great fit. I also thought $4 million/year was a bit rich, but I didn't mind, because the Pats have a ton of cap space.

Here's what I might have missed... the Patriots signing Osborn away from the Vikings affects the compensatory draft pick formula and cancels out one of the free agents Minnesota signed. The net result is that the Vikings are now in line to receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for the loss of Danielle Hunter.

Did the Patriots sign KJ Osborn in order to net the Vikings an extra 3rd round compensatory pick so that the Vikings can then trade their own 2025 3rd rounder back to New England as part of a trade up to #3?

charlie-conspiracy-theory-gif.gif

PEPE SILVIA!!!

Reactions: GatorMike

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

You have Breer saying they aren't moving off #3. Now you have the Patriots director of college scouting liking tweets about the Vikings trading up to 2 or 3 for Drake Maye.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nothing against KJ Osborn, i'm sure he will be a solid pass catcher for the offense but he's another #3 pass catcher on a top offense that this team already has three of. All that money they have to spend and the offense today is worse than it was last season.

I'm a big Drake Maye fan but if i was any of these top qbs, saw the Patriots current situation and i knew Minnesota wanted to move up the board for a qb. I would want my agent trying to get the Patriots to move off that 3rd pick. Washington have a o-line problem but weapons to throw to, the Patriots have a good line from middle to right and bad at left tackle and guard and average weapons to throw to.
I think they go Maye & LT at 34

Maybe move into first for T

There are a bunch of Tackles

Looks like they are probably going to have good fortune because it’s a strong tackle group and WR

All things like to go
QB
T/WR
WR/LT

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Conspiracy theory...

I've already argued that I think the Vikings and Patriots are cooking up a trade.

I thought that the KJ Osborn signing was a bit strange. I like him, but he's more of a slot guy than a boundary receiver, and the Patriots already have Pop Douglas, so I didn't see a great fit. I also thought $4 million/year was a bit rich, but I didn't mind, because the Pats have a ton of cap space.

Here's what I might have missed... the Patriots signing Osborn away from the Vikings affects the compensatory draft pick formula and cancels out one of the free agents Minnesota signed. The net result is that the Vikings are now in line to receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for the loss of Danielle Hunter.

Did the Patriots sign KJ Osborn in order to net the Vikings an extra 3rd round compensatory pick so that the Vikings can then trade their own 2025 3rd rounder back to New England as part of a trade up to #3?

charlie-conspiracy-theory-gif.gif
Stop thinking for a moment

• Haha
Reactions: PeanutButter37

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
True. But why even like that post? Who is even looking at his tweets like that? Lol
I mean it got noticed enough to get posted in a hockey message board right? Just creates a bunch of chatter- and this time of year there is a TON of it

Reactions: Mione134

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Wouldn’t surprise me if they made the Vikings trade then trade back up from 11 to the 5-8 area for someone like Odunze or Alt.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Every signal is out there is patriots & Vikings trade for 3

the Vikings have put in place the Lance package with two recent moves/transactions

11 Fuaga or Fashanu LT
23 Adonai Mitchell WR

At 34 can go anywhere

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Patriots could
Line

LT Fuaga/Fashanu
G Strange/Mafi
C Andrews
G Sow
RT Onwenu
Swing T Okorafor

That’s good

WR
Mitchell
Douglas
Bourne
Osborne

Juju?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I concluded The Dynasty. The beginning and end (two Rams SB wins) did a good job of heaping praise on Belichick. For sticking with Brady over Bledsoe and the two defensive gameplans in those games. In between all that I thought it was over the top in panning to Bill in a villainous role. Now, Bill certainly plays into that with his mannerisms and tone. But it was too much explaining how a particular situation went south and then turning to Bill to explain what happened. They didn't do enough to incorporate him into the storyline as the story was being told. Now, was that his fault for not being forthcoming/cooperative in this thing? Or was the goal to make him look this way? Can't say for sure but I came away thinking he would have been better off not being in this at all. I bet he regrets even taking part of it.

I don't recall him speaking out against Brady/Kraft the way Robert absolutely unloaded on Bill in this thing. Yet Robert wanted his "amicable parting of ways" charade all while knowing this documentary was coming out? I can't possibly see how Bill Belichick will want anything to do with Robert Kraft going forward.

Having said that, the Malcolm Butler thing is the single dumbest thing Belichick has ever done. Even worse than moving on from an aging Tom Brady. I remember the ballwashers on here trying to explain away why Butler didn't play. While the documentary doesn't reveal the reason it's crystal clear the reason did not matter. Bill made a colossal blunder. He f***ed over the TEAM that day.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Every signal is out there is patriots & Vikings trade for 3

the Vikings have put in place the Lance package with two recent moves/transactions

11 Fuaga or Fashanu LT
23 Adonai Mitchell WR

At 34 can go anywhere
If we do move down, I really hope Penix is around at 34.
I like Mitchell but think Thomas is the better WR if he is around at 23.
His catch rate is very high compared to Mitchell ( 78% last year and 72% for his career) vs 64% and 60% career for Mitchell)
Fuaga is a beast, can play G or T, love his versatility and can step right in a play next year.

Reactions: DKH

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If we do move down, I really hope Penix is around at 34.
I like Mitchell but think Thomas is the better WR if he is around at 23.
His catch rate is very high compared to Mitchell ( 78% last year and 72% for his career) vs 64% and 60% career for Mitchell)
Fuaga is a beast, can play G or T, love his versatility and can step right in a play next year.
Man, I think Penix is the most risky QB you can take out of the top 7 QBs in the draft.

His durability and injury history is a huge concern to me.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Man, I think Penix is the most risky QB you can take out of the top 7 QBs in the draft.

His durability and injury history is a huge concern to me.
He received a clean bill of health at the combine and has two good years of health, hopefully all the injuries are behind him.
He has an NFL arm, especially on the mid to long throws.
I like Penix much more vs Rattler or Nix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad