Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watched the Dynasty

Me and my family have had 2 or 4 (now) tickets since 1980’s and I saw probably 100 or so of those 20 years - some years all 8 others as kids had games on Sundays maybe as low as 2-3 but always was at some home games each season

I’ve watched this team as close as Bruins

My takeaway is Belichick is just a mean & nasty guy - vindictive and grudge holder real or imagined

As I figured - the Malcolm Butler thing was something he made up in his head likely over he didn’t accept his contract extension

Kraft said it wasn’t football related and he was very angry holding him responsible

I was and remain 100 on Brady side - can’t believe he took such abuse

Belichick got what he deserved and he since 2004 has self destructed his professional and personal life

0.0 surprised

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Justin Fields for a 6th!?! Why wouldn’t Pats be in on that?
Brissett is what he is now. At least there’s a chance of some upside with Fields. Fields for a 6th (“or conditional 4th depending on playing time”). Fields starts, Daniels (Maye) backup for a year.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Justin Fields for a 6th!?! Why wouldn’t Pats be in on that?
Brissett is what he is now. At least there’s a chance of some upside with Fields. Fields for a 6th (“or conditional 4th depending on playing time”). Fields starts, Daniels (Maye) backup for a year.
Because if the plan is to draft a QB, a veteran journeyman type guy like Brissett is the better option. Fields with a rookie makes no sense, and would just be another Jones/Zappe situation where both think they should be the starter.

I don't think Fields is someone who at this point should be a backup. Not sure what the Steelers are doing here.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Because if the plan is to draft a QB, a veteran journeyman type guy like Brissett is the better option. Fields with a rookie makes no sense, and would just be another Jones/Zappe situation where both think they should be the starter.

I don't think Fields is someone who at this point should be a backup. Not sure what the Steelers are doing here.
Could be the long term plan with Russ being the short term plan

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Soft personalities these days in the NFL. Chiefs had Smith they drafted Mahomes. Fields could be the starter and Jayden Daniels* the backup. Simple. Whomever outplays whom gets the snaps.

Brissett stinks.

Certainly feels like the Pats just going to take whoever is left there at 3. Hopefully he’s the right guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad