Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Harrison, McCourty, Woody and Edelman have all said they don't like it. I'm sure there will be more that feel the same, as they get asked about it.

First two episodes were really good but the quality dropped off after that. These guys will have sat down for a few hours to talk about the positives and negatives of a near two decade dynasty and mostly the negatives after the 01 season were what was shown and discussed at length. Kraft feels like the only one that comes out of it with no bruises, while he's happy to take credit for some of Belichick's decisions. Maybe choosing Bill over Tom is one but it makes sure you know Kraft's thinking is, how could i move on from the coach who held the Rams to 3 points.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Belichick went the entire season never talking to Mayo once he found out he signed a deal with Kraft to either be the next coach or receive a $10 M bonus after a Belichick current contract expires after 2025 SB

He also did not speak to Mac after contacting Alabama

Bill is a big trust guy I will have your back you need to not go outside like Mac did

He also ‘grounded’ Butler like a child for breaking curfew

The person who told me actually said Bill was correct

Butler knows and so do many of the players regardless what they say

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Teammates despise him, bad guy

It's a nice spin. But, no one blames Caleb for sitting that game out. Ever since Jaylon Smith ripped up his knee for ND and Jake Butt also tore his ACL in his bowl game, players have been opting out of non playoff bowl games for like 8 years now (CMC did that too). Now, it's not a big deal.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I def would bring back Jones over Snead, but I also think Snead is overrated (treated as elite this offseason when he’s merely good imo)

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
From the various tape now produced on Maye, he still has happy feet and a tendency to go to checkdown when better plays are there. Much better athlete but glimpses of Mac that if not fixed could be a nightmare. All that athletic ability is for nothing if you can't combine processing and planting. Could see him grow into a Luck type QB which would be amazing but he is raw. Hopefully a year behind Brisset will fix that.

Btw Caleb has a release and velocity that reminds me of Rogers in terms of smoothness + power. Miles ahead in terms of ease of motion than any in the class projected 1st round. Like watching Neidemayer skate back in the day. Just on a different level and for those that got to see Scott live am I off base on the analogy? Wish there was a way to grab this kid despite the noise.

It's interesting to see JJ getting talked up so much but winning and not making mistakes can do that. No idea where he will and should go.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk

Jacoby playing as the starter is a total bridge year for the Pats. Sends a strange message as Kraft keeps spouting abount winning is everything... Would expect 7-8 wins max with Jacoby - he is what he is, a very good backup and spot filler but he can't carry an offense and never has in the NFL.

Going to be some empty seats and confused fans if they keep talking and recruiting like the 2024 Sox in Foxboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad