Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Mike WIlliams visiting the Panthers, Jets and Steelers next week. Another guy that makes no sense for the Pats?

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Mike WIlliams visiting the Panthers, Jets and Steelers next week. Another guy that makes no sense for the Pats?
My guess is that he would not be interested in coming to New England unless the Patriots are willing to make him a really dumb contract offer.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Obvs I’ve been saying Jayden Daniels since like October but I definitely wouldn’t be mad about Maye. Here he is doing 3 things Zappe/Mac could only dream about doing on 3 consecutive dropbacks

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Nothing against KJ Osborn, i'm sure he will be a solid pass catcher for the offense but he's another #3 pass catcher on a top offense that this team already has three of. All that money they have to spend and the offense today is worse than it was last season.

I'm a big Drake Maye fan but if i was any of these top qbs, saw the Patriots current situation and i knew Minnesota wanted to move up the board for a qb. I would want my agent trying to get the Patriots to move off that 3rd pick. Washington have a o-line problem but weapons to throw to, the Patriots have a good line from middle to right and bad at left tackle and guard and average weapons to throw to.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Meh, if you’re a top QB you’re gonna probably go to a bad team. I don’t think they’ll be phased by the Pats situation. They’ll probably be using the entire draft to help the situation too

I also don’t think the offense is worse because I think they’ve gone from awful to meh at QB. I think that’s a big deal. Plus Gibson gives them an explosive pass catcher out of the backfield they’ve lacked for awhile

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Why wouldn't a rookie QB be excited to come here and work with an offensive coordinator who has never called plays and just got fired by the QB Heaven known as Cleveland?

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Conspiracy theory...

I've already argued that I think the Vikings and Patriots are cooking up a trade.

I thought that the KJ Osborn signing was a bit strange. I like him, but he's more of a slot guy than a boundary receiver, and the Patriots already have Pop Douglas, so I didn't see a great fit. I also thought $4 million/year was a bit rich, but I didn't mind, because the Pats have a ton of cap space.

Here's what I might have missed... the Patriots signing Osborn away from the Vikings affects the compensatory draft pick formula and cancels out one of the free agents Minnesota signed. The net result is that the Vikings are now in line to receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for the loss of Danielle Hunter.

Did the Patriots sign KJ Osborn in order to net the Vikings an extra 3rd round compensatory pick so that the Vikings can then trade their own 2025 3rd rounder back to New England as part of a trade up to #3?

charlie-conspiracy-theory-gif.gif

Last edited:

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Even if Eliot Wolf wants to, even if it makes sense for where this roster is. I'm not sure the Krafts will let them trade the pick and if they want that, there's nothing anyone can do. These reports about not trading the pick feel like they're coming from the ownership side.

Most important off-season in 2+ decades for the team and they haven't named a gm. Eliot Wolf has final say of all the front office people but if he wants to do something the Kraft's don't, they can easily just go look for a gm who will do what they want after the draft. He has no power or security.

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad