GDT: 2023 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Elliotte and Frank both have said expect this to end up being less than Debrincat. I think ultimately it might end up being a bit more but it shouldn't be crazy.
I'm ok to trade more. Because Timo is young, fit well, we have cap space, this team compete now and there is the full national Swiss team. He should want to sign with us.
And we have plenty good defensive prospects in both sides to mess Casey and Shakir or even both.

I don't think that SJ can make "a lot if bodies" trade because they are under pressure of 50 people limit. So I believe they should spend every spot smartly. If they will trade Z or Y, I would say Grier is idiot, because both are 24+ this summer. Both are good players for retool, but gms don't trade players like meier for retool. Im always trying to think about people that they are better or could be better, so I'm not waiting Z or Y trade.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Ideal offer from me is Holtz, Sharangovich and a 1st.

Meier-Hughes-Bratt
Tatar-Hischier-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Zetterlund
Wood/Boqvist-McLeod-Bastian

Maybe you upgrade that 4th line LW spot too

I go back and forth on Yegor or Muk. Either one works just fine. I don't think there's too much of a long term impact role for either of them here so I might lean towards wanting to keep Yegor. I'd probably have him on the 4th line or scratched tbh but if there's an injury in the top 9 I'd feel much more comfortable having him around and being able to toss him into a top 9 role. With me not seeing much of a long term fit for either I probably keep Yegor for the short term utility if I had a choice between the 2

Reactions: Mgd31

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I would started from 1st+Holtz+Yegor, than 1st+ Holtz+ Casey/Shakir. If Sj want it, I would add 2/3 round pick.i truly think that Meier will sign with us even if there are no negotiations before trade.
I agree I think Fitz will sign him asap....Having Meier also does protect against Bratt's situation....I want him signed but if it goes bad with his agent we can trade him....

Reactions: Guadana

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
I would started from 1st+Holtz+Yegor, than 1st+ Holtz+ Casey/Shakir. If Sj want it, I would add 2/3 round pick.i truly think that Meier will sign with us even if there are no negotiations before trade.
I’m hesitant to include Muk on a deal because of Gritsyuk’s comments about how he is looking forward to having Muk lead the way to NJ for him to follow. What’s your opinion on this? Would trading Shakir negatively impact Grits’ future with the team?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
lol I mean I get the premise here that Carolina offered their best deal and it wasn't enough but it's funny to me thinking that SJ is like "you're out". Carolina comes back to them with Aho, Svechnikov, and Slavin but it doesn't matter because SJ said they're already out

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I wonder who the Canes pivot to? There was that JT Miller rumor, but Vancouver seems to be a bullshit factory.

If Timo ends up on some random team like the BJs out of nowhere that will be the ultimate rug pull.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I’m hesitant to include Muk on a deal because of Gritsyuk’s comments about how he is looking forward to having Muk lead the way to NJ for him to follow. What’s your opinion on this? Would trading Shakir negatively impact Grits’ future with the team?
I think we are overthinking it. Arseniy regularly watch devils social media, he understand his potential and many times talks about his future. He just didn't rush it and wants to repeat the path of other khl successers. He has obvious ceiling higher than 50 points in nhl(im not telling he will hit it, we never know) and it gives him more money than he can gain in khl. And odcourse the level of competition. He is talented player who is looking for more.

And I prefer to save Shakir. Fir now he is best prospect outside Nemec and Luke. I'm just understand why he can be a part of the package for Timmo.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
I've said this before...

I don't really care if Meier comes with an extension or not. I believe he'll give us a discount, but if not, I truly believe we can flip him in the off-season for a significant return and recoup a lot of what we pay.

I honestly believe a lot of stupid GMs out there would pony up when they have more cap space to work with.
I disagree with that. Once a Meier just accepts his QO at 10M, after which he becomes an UFA, his value will dwindle down.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think we are overthinking it. Arseniy regularly watch devils social media, he understand his potential and many times talks about his future. He just didn't rush it and wants to repeat the path of other khl successers. He has obvious ceiling higher than 50 points in nhl(im not telling he will hit it, we never know) and it gives him more money than he can gain in khl. And odcourse the level of competition. He is talented player who is looking for more.

And I prefer to save Shakir. I'm just understand why he can be a part of the package for Timmo.

Yeah Gritsyuk still doesn't even turn 22 for another 3 weeks. Like sure it'd be nice for him to come over but we don't need him yet. Him coming over in say 2 years at 23/24 when we're tighter up against the cap could even work out better.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I've said this before...

I don't really care if Meier comes with an extension or not. I believe he'll give us a discount, but if not, I truly believe we can flip him in the off-season for a significant return and recoup a lot of what we pay.

I honestly believe a lot of stupid GMs out there would pony up when they have more cap space to work with.
How though? If he's a rental we pay x amount of dollars. If we're trading his rights in the off season the return can't be "significant" unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yeah Gritsyuk still doesn't even turn 22 for another 3 weeks. Like sure it'd be nice for him to come over but we don't need him yet. Him coming over in say 2 years at 23/24 when we're tighter up against the cap could even work out better.
We have luxury to be patient in this case. Im not ready to say that he is better than Holtz or Holtz us better than him, but its much more harder to develop Holtz when he doesn't have top-6 opportunities in NHL. Reason why its time to make a trade. I think its better for both sides, especially when we have Bratt and Mercer, and if we can save Z for bottom/top-6 insurance role, where Z is much better fit.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
More worried about Vegas than Carolina at this point
Yeah...something seems off here.

A team with no assets is still hanging around this late in the game? They've been called the dark horse and yesterday mentioned as the team he wants to sign with.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yeah...something seems off here.

A team with no assets is still hanging around this late in the game? They've been called the dark horse and yesterday mentioned as the team he wants to sign with.

Vegas being Vegas keeping themselves in the spotlight regardless of the situation and whether it helps or hurts the team. Should've been named the Vegas Circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad