GDT: 2023 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Burning a year of ELC doesn’t mean much. No way Fitz would play games with Luke like that either. This was always the plan for him - play 2 years at Michigan & burn his first year of ELC this season.
Well even more than that he isn’t messing with a playoff run. It’s one thing to think of playing prevent when you suck, another to do it when he can legit help in a playoff run.

Reactions: JimEIV and HBK27

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The craziest part to me is the fact that we've signed or traded for our entire top 4 D.
@Jason MacIsaac posted a depth chart of 29 players and by my count 15 were either traded for, singed or drafted by Fitzgerald in the last 3 years. Just amazing work. I'm a huge fan

I don't want to take a single bit of credit away from Fitz but I often wonder how much Marty has played a roll? A couple of days before the Meier trade seeing Marty and Fitzgerald in the exec suite in deep conversation rekindled that thought.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
I remember when fitz still had the "interim" GM tag or whatever people were calling it (maybe behind the scenes it wasn't really interim) but I was sweating bullets hoping he wasn't going to get poached from another team. I feel like the Wild wanted to interview him for their GM position at the time? so glad he's here.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I remember when fitz still had the "interim" GM tag or whatever people were calling it (maybe behind the scenes it wasn't really interim) but I was sweating bullets hoping he wasn't going to get poached from another team. I feel like the Wild wanted to interview him for their GM position at the time? so glad he's here.
He got multiple interviews while Shero was here. Thankfully he stayed.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nah, the hype train should be going crazy. One of the best prospects in the NHL and in the history of the franchise. Rational people are aware young defensemen will make mistakes. Brendan Smith also makes lot of mistakes.

You say he struggles against against college players, yada yada…he’s also going to be playing with a legitimate top 4 dman in a bottom pairing role. He’s going to be joining a top 5 team in the NHL.
Legitimately the best D prospect in hockey right now. Crazy to think we have arguably another one in the top-3 in Nemec lol. Wild stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad