2023 Trade Deadline and Speculation (March 3, 2023 3PM ET)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Stankoven should be the only unmovable player not already on the roster. He might be the most exciting (offensively) prospect we've seen maybe ever, in my opinion.

Everyone else might be missed, but I trust the scouting enough to believe we aren't losing anything special.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
lmao f***

1676692414563.png

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I worry that if we don't get Kane, Vegas will with the cap space they'll get by putting Stone on LTIR

All depends on where Kane even wants to go tho. May not wanna come here who knows

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I worry that if we don't get Kane, Vegas will with the cap space they'll get by putting Stone on LTIR

All depends on where Kane even wants to go tho. May not wanna come here who knows
It might help that him and Seguin had great chemistry in Switzerland along with know Pavelski, Suter, sharp, etc.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Good for Toronto fans. Their GM made a big move. Nill…well I would say wait and see but we know he wont get a player close to ROR. This team needs another piece.

As far as Stankoven is concerned I’m not opposed to moving him but someone of Elisa Petterssons caliber better be coming back in that deal.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Good for Toronto fans. Their GM made a big move. Nill…well I would say wait and see but we know he wont get a player close to ROR. This team needs another piece.

As far as Stankoven is concerned I’m not opposed to moving him but someone of Elisa Petterssons caliber better be coming back in that deal.
This post made me ask the question, “What would be a present version of the Iginla-for-Nieuwendyk trade that the Stars could make?” That is, what would be a very painful trade that two franchises could make that would also turn out very rewarding for both?

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
This post made me ask the question, “What would be a present version of the Iginla-for-Nieuwendyk trade that the Stars could make?” That is, what would be a very painful trade that two franchises could make that would also turn out very rewarding for both?
Stankoven and Harley for Pettersson. Let’s not pretend he is happy in Vancouver. Also another Canadian team who like Calgary probably won’t win a cup.

It will take something that significant to move Stankoven. I can’t see Nill doing it though.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
To keep the comparison going, is it even remotely possible for the Stars to sign Meier to an extension, assuming GMJN2.0 would not offer him more than “the Miro”?
The comparison dies immediately when you consider the salary cap. Prospects like Iginla were less valuable then than they would be now because they don't play on a low cap ELC contract for 3 years, and players like Nieuwendyk are less valuable now because you have to pay them for how good they are and that limits your options elsewhere.

It's an elegant comparison, and I agree with it completely, but it's ultimately a superficial one that isn't a basis for present day trades.

Just IMO to answer your question more directly, it's tough to extend Meier. It's doable by moving Faksa and Marchment in this offseason, but it's also devoting way too much cap to the forwards. They need to save some room long term in their forward budget for some of the outrageous raises that might be coming to certain players post ELC.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad