WC: 2023 Sweden Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Richard Hugg really making a case for himself. Would much rather have him on 4th line than the likes of Nordström, De la Rose etc.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Nordstrom is a fine role player, whats your issue?
I think it's more an issue born out of Garpen's coaching where he played him in the top-6, & on the PP. Where Joakim, as expected, sucked.

He's fine in a bottom line role as you say, personally I like to see some younger players in those kind of roles, though, like Åman and Lang last year.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Nordstrom is a fine role player, whats your issue?
Everytime Nordström has the puck, he looses it. He kills our play. Why would you want a guy like that on our team when you can have a role player who actually can handle the puck?

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I think it's more an issue born out of Garpen's coaching where he played him in the top-6, & on the PP. Where Joakim, as expected, sucked.

He's fine in a bottom line role as you say, personally I like to see some younger players in those kind of roles, though, like Åman and Lang last year.
I have to side with Ra here. Nordström is a black hole in terms of puck possesion.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jacob Peterson 4 points in 5 games with Sharks. Was great in last WC for us with 5 points in 5 games. Still only 23 years old.

Zetterlund on the other hand, has been horrible with the Sharks.

Last edited:

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
It feels safer this year. We done good in EHT and Hallam is a good coach. Even a worst case scenario with EHT roster i would still think we can challenge for Bronze.

Jonathan Dahlen - Anton Lander - Patrik Karlkvist
Oscar Möller - Pär Lindholm - Andre Petersson
Joakim Nygård - Lucas Wallmark - Marcus Sörensen
Oskar Lang - Oscar Lindberg - Max Friberg
Carl Klingberg, Jesper Olofsson

Theodor Lennström - Anton Lindholm
Henrik Tömmernäs - Jonathan Pudas
Andreas Borgman - Joel Persson
Oscar Fantenberg - Lukas Bengtsson

Marcus Högberg
Lars Johansson
Linus Söderström

Its not a bad team.
Why do you have Borgman there? If you want a defender from Frölunda, then only Folin as a guy who will do the dirty work. Borgman does stupid things too often, loses his nerve and then weakens his team, this is unacceptable at this level of play. If I could choose from Frölunda, then Folin and if Hasa shows more good performances in the next season, then he has the door open for the EHT team.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why do you have Borgman there? If you want a defender from Frölunda, then only Folin as a guy who will do the dirty work. Borgman does stupid things too often, loses his nerve and then weakens his team, this is unacceptable at this level of play. If I could choose from Frölunda, then Folin and if Hasa shows more good performances in the next season, then he has the door open for the EHT team.
Because Borgman is a very good player.

Folin is horrible everytime he plays for Tre Kronor.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Because Borgman is a very good player.

Folin is horrible everytime he plays for Tre Kronor.
And what role should Borgman actually have? The offensive support will be provided by Tömmernes, Pudas, Bengtsson or Lennström, and Borgman does not have higher qualities than these players. And he's also not good enough defensively thanks to the stupid things he does in his zone. I don't see a place for Borgman and a role in which he would be a valid player for Hallam.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
And what role should Borgman actually have? The offensive support will be provided by Tömmernes, Pudas, Bengtsson or Lennström, and Borgman does not have higher qualities than these players. And he's also not good enough defensively thanks to the stupid things he does in his zone. I don't see a place for Borgman and a role in which he would be a valid player for Hallam.
Borgman is 2way with physical style. He can be paired with pretty much anyone, he is a potato. Folin is much worse than Borgman at everything.

Regarding Lukas Bengtsson, i think Joel Persson is gonna be ahead of him when it comes to offensive Ds. Bengtsson is more of a 2way, like Borgman.

Btw, Leo Carlsson is dominating in the Playoffs. He needs to be given a chance in EHT tournament before WC.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Roster for the games vs Denmark released. Nice to see Filip Bystedt get a chance

#PosNameClubLeauge
35GKJacob JohanssonTimrå IKSHL
63GKMarcus HögbergLinköpings HCSHL
5DVictor SjöholmHV71SHL
13DSamuel JohannessonBrynäs IFSHL
25DJoel NyströmFärjestads BKSHL
32DOscar EngsundLuleå HFSHL
38DOlle AlsingLeksands IFSHL
54DAnton LindholmLeksands IFSHL
73DAdam Ollas MattssonIF Malmö RedhwaksSHL
14FOskar LangLeksands IFSHL
18FDennis EverbergRögle BKSHL
19FMarcus SörensenHC Fribourg-GottéronNLA
20FAndré PeterssonHV71SHL
24FOscar LindbergSC BernNLA
25FFilip BystedtLinköpings HCSHL
28FAnton BengtssonRögle BKSHL
29FMarcus SylvegårdIF Malmö RedhawksSHL
59FLinus JohanssonFärjestads BKSHL
70FDennis RasmussenDC DavosNLA
71FIsac BrännströmLuleå HFSHL
89FPatrik KarlkvistIK OskarshamnSHL
95FJacob de la RoseHC Fribourg-GottéronNLA

The following players have played in the Euro Hockey Tour this year, have been eliminated from playoffs, but are not part of this squard:

#PosNameClubLeaugeNotes
-GKJoel LassinanttiLuleå HFSHL
-GKAnders LindbäckBrynäs IFSHL
-DCalle AnderssonHC LuganoNLA
-DKlas DahlbeckHC DavosNLA
-DEmil DjuseSC Rapperswil-Jona LakersNLASeason ending injury
-DLucas Ekeståhl JonssonEHC KlotenNLA
-DOscar FantenbergLinköpings HCSHL
-DTim HeedHC Ambri-PiottaNLA
-DTheodor LennströmFärjestads BKSHL
-DMagnus NygrenHC DavosNLA
-DJesper SellgrenLuleå HFSHL
-FLeon BristedtHC DavosNLA
-FJonathan DahlénTimrå IKSHL
-FVictor EjdsellFärjestads BKSHL
-FOscar EklindBrynäs IFSHL
-FRobin KovácsLausanne HCNLA
-FAnton LanderTimrå IKSHL
-FLudvig LarssonRögle BKSHL
-FJoakim NordströmHC DavosNLA
-FJoakim NygårdFärjestads BKSHL
-FEmil PetterssonTimrå IKSHL
-FVictor RaskHC Fribourg-GottéronNLA
-FHenrik TörnqvistLinköpings HCSHL

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some really interesting names. Games will be shown on SVT. I prefer this lines:

Sörensen - Lindberg - Petersson
Lang - Bystedt - Karlqvist
Brännström - Johansson - Sylvegård
Bengtsson - De La Rose - Everberg
Rasmussen

Ollas Mattsson - Johannesson
Lindholm - Nyström
Engsund - Sjöholm
Alsing

Högberg
Johansson

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Exemple of a 4th line i wanna see in WC.

Leo Carlsson - Milton Oscarson - Linus Öberg

All young, skilled, hungry and gritty.

Much more sexy than a line of Joakim Nordström - Jacob De la Rose - Carl Klingberg

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Exemple of a 4th line i wanna see in WC.

Leo Carlsson - Milton Oscarson - Linus Öberg

All young, skilled, hungry and gritty.

Much more sexy than a line of Joakim Nordström - Jacob De la Rose - Carl Klingberg

Both are good

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If Garpenlöv was the coach::

Loui Eriksson - Mario Kempe - Joakim Nordström
Mathias Brome - Marcus Kruger - Daniel Brodin
Dennis Rassmussen - Joel Kellman - Carl Klingberg
Jonathan Pudas - Jacob De La Rose - Max Friberg

Henrik Tömmernäs - Klas Dahlbeck
Christian Folin - Magnus Nygren
Jesper Sellgren - Philip Holm

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Is there a chance that Erik Karlsson and Rasmus Dahlin will come? I know Karlsson wants to play, but Dahlin has had some injuries and his team's chances are gone and he played last year, so if he doesn't choose rest before continuing in NT.

Has Hallam hinted somewhere what the ratio will be between players from NA and from Europe?

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Jonathan Lindqvist reports in the Viaplay broadcast that he has talked with some NHLers:
- Nicklas Bäckström will decline, wants a long offseason to recover properly from his injuries
- Rasmus Dahlin had said that if they missed the playoffs he would be very excited to play the Worlds
- Rasmus Sandin indicated that he would join if everything worked out
- Elias Pettersson had been cagey when asked

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Jonathan Lindqvist reports in the Viaplay broadcast that he has talked with some NHLers:
- Nicklas Bäckström will decline, wants a long offseason to recover properly from his injuries
- Rasmus Dahlin had said that if they missed the playoffs he would be very excited to play the Worlds
Dahlin would be freaking huge aswell. Sandin is a good addition. Pettersson being quiet is not a good sign.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Dahlin would be freaking huge aswell. Sandin is a good addition. Pettersson being quiet is not a good sign.
And Sanding saying "if everything works out" is not a good sign either.

Dahlin wants to play is one thing, but why would Buffalo let him go when he is injured?

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
It sounded positive with Sandin, it was more like "if I get a green light from the team" etc

Yes, it sounds a bit worrying with Pettersson. I think Lindqvist said something like "Elias är lurig på isen och lurig när man pratar med honom"

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Some of your guys have already "accepted" the invitation. Dahlin, Karlsson etc. Just make some rosterprojection with those guys included. And add Lucas Raymond . He will come.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad