theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It's that time of the year again.

NHL teams and players primed to not make the playoffs(Bolded=FA/injured):

CBJ (Bemström, Nyquist, Adam Boqvist)
PHI (Sandström)

OTT (Brännström, Anton Forsberg)
DET (Raymond, Berggren, Sundqvist, Lindström, Hägg, Hellberg)
MTL

STL (Rosén)
ARI (Nemeth)
CHI

VAN (Pettersson, Åman, OEL)
SJS (EK65, Lindblom)
ANA (Klingberg, Silfverberg, Lundeström)

Possible first wave of NHLers:

Bemström - Pettersson - Raymond
Berggren

EK65 - Rosén
Boqvist

Forsberg

Detroit players are obviously TBA if Yzerman will let them.

Reactions: jaro and Eye of Ra

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
WC not WJC.

Anyways would love to see Edvinsson. But unlikely, he will probaly play in AHL playoffs.
Fixed. I blame the colors looking very similar. :laugh:

Pretty much no chance at Edvinsson. He has 2 things going against him:

1. Playing full time in the AHL.
2. He's Detroit property.

He's playing for a team that's 7 points away from a playoffs spot with more games played in a 2-1-0 league so that's a ways away. 29 games left for them so must go on a run in this final stretch.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs are looking to lose a few guys to AHL too! Jiricek, Dostal and Blumel were all on the team last year.. not liking their chances of being on it this year as they ride buses in America.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
With only players from Europe:

Andre Petersson - Wallmark - Sörensen
Nygård - Lander - Dahlen
Möller - P.Lindholm - Karlqvist
Lang - Lindberg - Friberg

Tömmernäs - Pudas
Lennström - Persson
Fantenberg - Bengtsson

Högberg
Lasse Johansson

Wont be enough to get past qf. Really need 2 lines from NHL and atleast 3 Ds from NHL. Goalies are fine.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Fixed. I blame the colors looking very similar. :laugh:

Pretty much no chance at Edvinsson. He has 2 things going against him:

1. Playing full time in the AHL.
2. He's Detroit property.

He's playing for a team that's 7 points away from a playoffs spot with more games played in a 2-1-0 league so that's a ways away. 29 games left for them so must go on a run in this final stretch.
Wallstedt, Fröden and Eklund would be players from AHL i think would be good adds aswell. But just as with Edvinsson, it wont probaly happen due to several reasons.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Niklas Hjalmarsson anyone? If he is healthy, in shape and wanna play i would want him on the team.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
With CURRENT standings and contract-sitautions, best case scenario:

Anton Forsberg is out with injury i think. Same with Oliver Kylington.

Jacob Markström
Marcus Högberg
Lars Johansson

Mattias Ekholm - Erik Karlsson
Rasmus Dahlin - Rasmus Andersson
OEL - Adam Boqvist
Sebastian Aho - Calle Rosen

Victor Olofsson - Elias Pettersson - Filip Forsberg
Jonathan Berggren - Elias Lindholm - Lucas Raymond
Lucas Wallmark - Mikael Backlund - Emil Bemström
Oscar Möller - Pär Lindholm - Max Friberg
Anton Lander, Oskar Lang

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Guess who is top 3 overall in points in NLA? Thats right, Linus Omark. If he wants to play, i would welcome him with open arms.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
When it comes to some lesser known namnes in NHL such as Brännström and Aho, it should be said that both of them have improved and taken regular spots in NHL.

Nemeth had a good season with Arizona. Stay at home D.

Englund did good with Colorado and seems to be been good with Chicago aswell. Very physical player.

Åman was great last WC and should be one year better now and more physical with the experiance he gained from NHL and AHL this season.

Lindblom is a good bottom 6 player for the Sharks. Stocky and gritty.

Söderström back in Arizona have gotten some games lately and looks good.

Calle Rosen and Marcus Björk is a bit tricky...they dont have perment spots in NHL but when they play they do good.

I liked Jacob Peterson and Asplund in WC. Could be 2 good adds.

Andreas Johnson is also an option.

Of course some of this players needs to fix their contracts, but we seen players with no contacts play in WC before...

And last, for the love of God, please no Silfverberg. He is a ghost of his former self. Its painful to watch him play. He dont produce points and he has zero grit.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
When it comes to some lesser known namnes in NHL such as Brännström and Aho, it should be said that both of them have improved and taken regular spots in NHL.

Nemeth had a good season with Arizona. Stay at home D.

Englund did good with Colorado and seems to be been good with Chicago aswell. Very physical player.

Åman was great last WC and should be one year better now and more physical with the experiance he gained from NHL and AHL this season.

Lindblom is a good bottom 6 player for the Sharks. Stocky and gritty.

Söderström back in Arizona have gotten some games lately and looks good.

Calle Rosen and Marcus Björk is a bit tricky...they dont have perment spots in NHL but when they play they do good.

I liked Jacob Peterson and Asplund in WC. Could be 2 good adds.

Andreas Johnson is also an option.

Of course some of this players needs to fix their contracts, but we seen players with no contacts play in WC before...

And last, for the love of God, please no Silfverberg. He is a ghost of his former self. Its painful to watch him play. He dont produce points and he has zero grit.
Right now, Karlsson, Dahlin and Rasmus Andersson are outside of the playoffs. Should they all accept, I feel like the spots for offensive minded, minute munching defensemen are filled. I'd think Nemeth would be a teriffic complement to that as a stay-at home, penalty killer. I like Rasmus Sandin, but I think he'll need a top role to thrive, and if all of previously mentioned accept, I don't see a fit for him. Brännström might be interesting if he can handle a smaller role. Söderström, Rosén and Björk? Feel kinda meh to me, not sure they are a huge upgrades over top Euro guys like Pudas. If we get a lot declines maybe there is room for them. I thought OEL was really good last year, but with the season his having I'm unsure. He is battleing injuries as well. Adam Larsson or Mattias Ekholm would be dream additions after the first round

Forwardwise, I am really hoping for Pettersson. Having his best season to date, is under contract and has history with Hallam. If we also good get Elias Lindholm, we'd likely have the best 1-2 punch down the middle in the tournament. Add Backlund to that and the center position looks really strong.

If we have fill the roster with borderline NHLers likes Asplund, Peterson, Bemström and Åman I dont like our chances. I'd rather just bring some Euro guys as warm bodies and hope get better players after the first round

Reactions: Eye of Ra and EK47

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
From NHL

Markstrom

Andersson
Dahlin
Karlsson
Forsling
Boqvist

Pettersson
Lundestrom
Raymond
Zetterlund
Lindholm
Backlund

Reactions: weklof

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
From NHL

Markstrom

Andersson
Dahlin
Karlsson
Forsling
Boqvist

Pettersson
Lundestrom
Raymond
Zetterlund
Lindholm
Backlund
I'd like Berggren and Victor Olofsson as well.

Bäckström and Forsberg are locks if they want to go, but they are batteling injuries so I'm not holding my breath.

But we could potential have this center depth:
Pettersson
Lindholm
Bäckström
Backlund

Oh my, pretty close to our best-on-best centers. Only Zibanejad and W. Karlsson/Eriksson-Ek missing (on of them would play wing on a best on best team I assume)

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Andersson
Dahlin
Karlsson
Forsling
Boqvist
I'm not so sure on Boqvist if the other four accept. He won't get the minutes and power play time he needs to shine with the other four there. We'd probably be better off with someone more defensivly responsible for the bottom pairing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad