WC: 2023 Sweden Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right now, Karlsson, Dahlin and Rasmus Andersson are outside of the playoffs. Should they all accept, I feel like the spots for offensive minded, minute munching defensemen are filled. I'd think Nemeth would be a teriffic complement to that as a stay-at home, penalty killer. I like Rasmus Sandin, but I think he'll need a top role to thrive, and if all of previously mentioned accept, I don't see a fit for him. Brännström might be interesting if he can handle a smaller role. Söderström, Rosén and Björk? Feel kinda meh to me, not sure they are a huge upgrades over top Euro guys like Pudas. If we get a lot declines maybe there is room for them. I thought OEL was really good last year, but with the season his having I'm unsure. He is battleing injuries as well. Adam Larsson or Mattias Ekholm would be dream additions after the first round

Forwardwise, I am really hoping for Pettersson. Having his best season to date, is under contract and has history with Hallam. If we also good get Elias Lindholm, we'd likely have the best 1-2 punch down the middle in the tournament. Add Backlund to that and the center position looks really strong.

If we have fill the roster with borderline NHLers likes Asplund, Peterson, Bemström and Åman I dont like our chances. I'd rather just bring some Euro guys as warm bodies and hope get better players after the first round
Good talk.

OEL was horrible against Canada in the qf, when it mattered. Lets not forget that.

Speaking of Pettersson.....the other Petersson...but with one T removed...Andre Petersson...hell of a season. Should be a serious canidate for the team even with many NHLers.

From NHL

Markstrom

Andersson
Dahlin
Karlsson
Forsling
Boqvist

Pettersson
Lundestrom
Raymond
Zetterlund
Lindholm
Backlund
Lundestrom??? why

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Good talk.

OEL was horrible against Canada in the qf, when it mattered. Lets not forget that.

Speaking of Pettersson.....the other Petersson...but with one T removed...Andre Petersson...hell of a season. Should be a serious canidate for the team even with many NHLers.

Lundestrom??? why
OEL was admittedly injured in the QF.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Filip Forsberg - Elias Lindholm - Lucas Raymond
Victor Olofsson - Elias Pettersson - Jonathan Berggren
Emil Bemström - Nicklas Bäckström - Andre Petersson
Oscar Möller - Mikael Backlund - Fabian Zetterlund

Gustav Forsling - Erik Karlsson
Rasmus Dahlin - Rasmus Sandin
OEL - Rasmus Andersson

Jacob Markström
Lasse Johansson
Marcus Högberg

Right now...

Reactions: jaro

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Dahlin's been playing through an injury so he feels unlikely. Forsberg x2 are most likely done for the season.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right now they’re sitting on the second to last seed in the western conference its not a sure thing.
if he is available , then of course he would be a great add. But i doubt he wanna play again in wc.

other swedes in seattle is burakovsky, wennberg and fröden. burakovsky would be a great add but seems injured. Not sure about Wennberg...i doubt he would be any massive uppgrade over someone like Wallmark for exemple. Fröden no thanks.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Right now they’re sitting on the second to last seed in the western conference its not a sure thing.
They're 5 points away from missing the POs while their main competitors for the wild card spots only have 7 games left compared to Seattle's 9. And all three have pretty much the same form right now.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It feels safer this year. We done good in EHT and Hallam is a good coach. Even a worst case scenario with EHT roster i would still think we can challenge for Bronze.

Jonathan Dahlen - Anton Lander - Patrik Karlkvist
Oscar Möller - Pär Lindholm - Andre Petersson
Joakim Nygård - Lucas Wallmark - Marcus Sörensen
Oskar Lang - Oscar Lindberg - Max Friberg
Carl Klingberg, Jesper Olofsson

Theodor Lennström - Anton Lindholm
Henrik Tömmernäs - Jonathan Pudas
Andreas Borgman - Joel Persson
Oscar Fantenberg - Lukas Bengtsson

Marcus Högberg
Lars Johansson
Linus Söderström

Its not a bad team.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
Will Karlsson play this year? He has only bronze medal. He might try to want to win something because he ain't winning anything in San Jose for long time.

Reactions: jaro

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Will Karlsson play this year? He has only bronze medal. He might try to want to win something because he ain't winning anything in San Jose for long time.
He wanted to play last year but got injured. His wife wanted him to play as well, doubt anything has changed.

He does have an Olympics silver, which matters much more than his Worlds bronze.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
He wanted to play last year but got injured. His wife wanted him to play as well, doubt anything has changed.

He does have an Olympics silver, which matters much more than his Worlds bronze.

Yes, I know about silver medal from Olympics but I was IIHF WC specified.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: