Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Wonder what everyones opinion of Helenbuck is.

Cause I mean he got destroyed against the avs or was it the fact that his team quit playing defense...

I mean thats one way to kill the 2nd line
I watched a bit of that series.
The Avs overwhelnmed the Jets defence.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Again, we outshot Vancouver by 27 and lost by a goal... It's not our defensive game that lost us this one. It's Skinner.

Heres some food for thought.

If the Oilers were really good at shooting, would not the guy they practice with all season long be good at stopping them?

If the oilers were taking so many shots, why is it oilers get their asses handed to them by backups consistently.

Just because shots happen in a game most of oilers shots are nothing burgers and have been for a very long time

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It feels like a lot of the Skinner apologists think this is a video game and that his poor play has no effect on the play of the team in front of him

When you can’t trust your goalie you tend to play worse. That first goal against set the tone for the whole game

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Wonder what everyones opinion of Helenbuck is.

Cause I mean he got destroyed against the avs or was it the fact that his team quit playing defense...

I mean thats one way to kill the 2nd line
Nathan MacKinnon drooling at Playing against Nurse again.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I watched a bit of that series.
The Avs overwhelnmed the Jets defence.

Yes but Helenbuck is a top tier goaltender in the league. THere should be no reason for him to let in as many as he did. He should have been able to stop almost everything because according to this site goaltenders do that on every team but our.

Again look at the bottom 3 goaltenders remaining in playoffs. THe teams they play for are shit on defense

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Heres some food for thought.

If the Oilers were really good at shooting, would not the guy they practice with all season long be good at stopping them?

If the oilers were taking so many shots, why is it oilers get their asses handed to them by backups consistently.

Just because shots happen in a game most of oilers shots are nothing burgers and have been for a very long time

You've really employed some impressive mental gymnastics to deflect the blame from Skinner.

Are you a flat-earther by chance?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
But they gave up 27 more shots than us. How is that not sinking in with you guys?
Location matters a lot.

Do you recall the Canucks giving up even one uncontested wide open shot in the slot involving one of our goal scoring forwards? Or even any other player for that matter?
I dont.

Yet this team allows the Canucks top goal scorer to just walk in and take a wide open uncontested shot from the slot.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes but Helenbuck is a top tier goaltender in the league. THere should be no reason for him to let in as many as he did. He should have been able to stop almost everything because according to this site goaltenders do that on every team but our.

Again look at the bottom 3 goaltenders remaining in playoffs. THe teams they play for are shit on defense
We are on the same page here. Defence matters especially in the playoffs.
The Jets/Avs series is a perfect example of that.
A Vezina goalie got absolutely destroyed.
Silvos wouldnt be the goalie he is if the Canucks werent playing well defensively.

All that being said...the team cant come back with Skinner next game IMO.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
After the Oilers bailed him out last game for trying to lose the game for them on Friday he owed them and he shit the bed again.

At this point I know for a fact he wants the season to end to go and hang out with his super big and cool family.

Not a bad thing as a human being but as an athlete…. Embarrassing

He’s a f***ing piece of shit and if Knoblach starts him Tuesday, Knoblach and Jackson are also pieces of shit and McDavid and the rest of the leadership group are also pieces of shit for allowing their coach to start that piece of shit .

I think you need help

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
After never being so mad after a playoff win last game because of Skinner i have to come back and say it again. I literally hate Skinner and that f***ing moustache at this point. f*** you Skinner for making me try to defend you at points this year. You have the spine of a jellyfish and are the worst goalie left in the playoffs.
Welcome to the club. This is the worst Oilers playoff goalie of all time. In fact this is the worst save % of any goalie with 20 or more games in the history of the NHL. Or tied with Cloutier, others have said. Oh the pain.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
I think Oilers fans are justified in bitching about the reffing though. How many holds and cross checks were uncalled against Van and then the chintzy one comes back on us?

It’s this whole mindset “it is what it is” is what created this whole game management bullshit. The blind acceptance that it’s “playoff hockey” and normalizing this shit reffing is a huge problem and it hurts us more than any other team
When the goalie gets away with holding the stick to stop a goal from two feet out and the shit calls against the Oilers like Drai's interference you have to wonder what's up.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
This is totally legit IMO.
Campbell is really the player that ultimately caused this problem.
A $5M dollar mistake by Ken Holland. Booby Burgers made a $5M mistake as well by hiring Holland.

The series isnt over but this team certainly isnt good enough to win a Stanley Cup.
When you have the Leagues 2 best players in their prime thats a major indictment on the GM.
And one of them is on a value contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad