Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Assuming Wheeler gets bought out, and is not a locker room Cancer, would be we in there? Would he even be interested in a Prove It contract or is someone coming at him with 4m?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think he is a top 9 guy future I think at best he’s a 2nd line type player.
lucas Edmonds to me seems to be on a faster track! I’m not expecting Edmonds to make the team out of camp but it would not surprise me if he’s called up by December or January.
Why do you think Edmonds is on a faster track and the organization has him ahead of Goncalves? They're the same age while Goncalves has been in the system longer so knows the style of play better. Would prefer both to stay the year in Syracuse rounding out there game and just roll Essimont/Koepke/Fortier as the 12/13/14 forwards.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Assuming Wheeler gets bought out, and is not a locker room Cancer, would be we in there? Would he even be interested in a Prove It contract or is someone coming at him with 4m?
No chance at him but I think SY would take him in Detroit, honestly.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if they have been mentioned, but it sounds like Chicago won't bring Caleb Jones back. Graded out very well analytically, could maybe be cheap enough to replace Cole.

Then another name in the same boat as Jones is Comtois from Anaheim for the bottom 6.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Isn't he a confirmed locker room cancer?

Reactions: Hoek

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Why do you think Edmonds is on a faster track and the organization has him ahead of Goncalves? They're the same age while Goncalves has been in the system longer so knows the style of play better. Would prefer both to stay the year in Syracuse rounding out there game and just roll Essimont/Koepke/Fortier as the 12/13/14 forwards.
I agree with most of this. The exception is assuming Koepke as a bottom forward. Unless he has an amazing camp, the only thing his play in Syracuse last season earned him was another year in the AHL to round out his game or look for a new home in 24-25. He and Balcers arrived in Syracuse with a lot of hype and hope, only to see both of those fail to materialize. A handful of shifts each game playing to expectations does not earn one a return ticekt to the NHL, and that is the play we saw from both of them last season.
I hope they, and other players from the Crunch roster last season, prove me wrong and have strong camps to earn spots with the Lightning. I also hope that those who do not make the final cut and are sent to Syracuse treat it as a challenge to prove they are indeed worthy of an NHL roster spot and not treat it as a form of punishment they do not feel they deserve and play accordingly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd rather have Killorn. It's been like 6 years of guys just begging and pleading to be traded from the Jets despite years of having a really decent team that whole time. A junior team official with the Winnipeg Ice once said said it was the most toxic environment he's ever seen. I know the winters are brutal there and it turns a lot of people off. That's a big part of it I know. But something else was stinking and I knew it couldn't be just that.

tldr; HELL NAW. And HAAAALLLLLEEEEE NAAAAWWWW for my people in the back rows of the church

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hes not teasing that at all. Jeannot is obviously the "at least one." Hes just not saying it publicly.
That's probably true. Jeannot kicked his AAV down a brick at a time, especially once he got healthy scratched.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I agree with most of this. The exception is assuming Koepke as a bottom forward. Unless he has an amazing camp, the only thing his play in Syracuse last season earned him was another year in the AHL to round out his game or look for a new home in 24-25. He and Balcers arrived in Syracuse with a lot of hype and hope, only to see both of those fail to materialize. A handful of shifts each game playing to expectations does not earn one a return ticekt to the NHL, and that is the play we saw from both of them last season.
I hope they, and other players from the Crunch roster last season, prove me wrong and have strong camps to earn spots with the Lightning. I also hope that those who do not make the final cut and are sent to Syracuse treat it as a challenge to prove they are indeed worthy of an NHL roster spot and not treat it as a form of punishment they do not feel they deserve and play accordingly.
Koepke is there just to fill a roster spot. Most likely be serving popcorn every night. Like you said he wasn't good when he went back to Syracuse. Feel like Syracuse is better off without him there and give those minutes to someone younger with a future. Koepke just doesn't have enough skills to be an NHL player. Fortier has better skills that can make him a useful NHLer if he puts it all together, similar to Essimont so the 2 of them will be fighting to play every night.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
7+ mil in space now, could have over 8.5 if JBB could somehow unload Myers. The Colton trade surely increased the chances of Killorn re-signing so that's interesting.

I'd be all over Zadorov but I'm not the assets are there to land him. No idea what the approach will be at forward but there are some nice buy-low options out there.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Would you all rather:

1) Spend more on D and skim on F
2) Spend more on F and skim on D
3) Spread around evenly

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Step 1: draft at #37

Step 2: wait for July 1st and sign OEL to a 1M deal. I'm sure he wants to win.
Step 3: Sign Toews to a 1M deal.
Step 4: wait till Wheeler is bought out.
Step 5: sign Wheeler to a 1.5M contract (he wants to win the Cup, won't be toxic in an already well established locker room with many leaders.)
Step 6: re-sign Jeannot
???
Step 7 : win a cup and wait for the big salary cap increase next season

Ez game gg well played

Reactions: Peacefool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad