Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
With the season now over, lets look ahead at what we need to do to stay in playoff contention.

Cap space (Assuming its 83.5m) : $9,275,000

Key RFA's:
Ross Colton
Tanner Jeannot
Rudolfs Balcers
Cole Koepke
Gabriel Fortier
Simon Ryfors

Key UFA's:
Alex Killorn
Brian Elliott
Ian Cole
Mikey Eyssimont
Corey Perry
Pierre-Édouard Bellemare

Roster as of next year:
Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-?
Maroon-Paul-?
?-?-?

Hedman-Cernak
Sergachev-Perbix
Fleury-Bogosian
Raddysh

Vasilevskiy

LTIR: Seabrook

Notable Prospects:
Niko Huuhtanen
Isaac Howard
Declan Carlile
Hugo Alnefelt
Lucas Edmonds
Jack Finley
Gage Goncalves
Jack Thompson
Roman Schmidt
Max Crozier
Dylan Duke
Maxim Groshev

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I'm assuming Perbix and Raddysh will stay in the team. Keep Bogosian too as #7D.
Just need to sign a Ian Cole type of D and we're good to go in defense.

For offense... I will let JBB work his magic :D:D:D

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
In all honesty. I wouldnt mind keeping Jeannot as long as it isnt long term and under 2.25m, Colton likely prices himself out and can be moved for some middle 6 guys that are super cheap. I would like to bring Perry back on a 1 year deal at league minimum just to have him around. Killer is gonna be the same thing as Palat. Sucks to lose but cap space is tight

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
In all honesty. I wouldnt mind keeping Jeannot as long as it isnt long term and under 2.25m, Colton likely prices himself out and can be moved for some middle 6 guys that are super cheap. I would like to bring Perry back on a 1 year deal at league minimum just to have him around. Killer is gonna be the same thing as Palat. Sucks to lose but cap space is tight

Yeah can't see how we keep Killorn. Priced out of what we can pay. He was so good this series too.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
At this point, I think it's crucial we look to upgrade in the speed department. We've lost several steps over the years. I'm down for bringing back Killorn if it's cheap/he's willing. Eyssimont should definitely be resigned. If it wasn't for costing 5 picks, I'd move Jeannot.

The bottom six needs help and I imagine it will have Maroon and Jeannot on it unless Jeannot suddenly learns how to skate over the summer. Need a fast 4C there. Eyssimont is 3rd line material. Colton is as well. Those two with Paul would be nice or Colton in the top 6. Lots of possibilities.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
We don't need a top 4 dman. We have 3 with Hedman, Cernak, and Sergachev. And we could do a lot worse than Perbix/Raddysh rounding it out.

What we really need is Cernak to learn how to play with one of our top lefties. I don't see any affordable free agents that are better than Fleury, so it could just be him rounding it out. Or the inevitable Colton trade could bring someone on a ELC back.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Ottawa has two Dmen in Bernard-Docker and Thomson that could be on waivers next year, might be smart to look at one of them for a bottom pairing spot

Wester

Oct 5, 2020
Hungary
Also Jeannot is not the first guy to not play well the first year traded here, so I would want to see him with a full year in the system

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Some dates as we move into the summer

Draft Lottery: May 8th
NHL Scouting Combine: June 4th -10th
NHL Awards: June 26th
NHL Draft: June 28th - 29th
Free Agency - July 1st
Development Camp - probably starts the first week of July

Reactions: aylib

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
gc375qb5r3691.jpg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm skeptical about Raddysh, at least penciling him in for next year. While there are guys who can break into the league and stick relatively late into their careers (look no further than Bellemare), we may be seeing Raddysh at his absolute peak, and how much can he really fall off until he's not an NHLer again?

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Players with a NTC/NMC/M-NTC next year:
Kucherov- NMC
Point- NMC
Stamkos- NMC
Paul- NTC
Maroon- M-NTC
Hedman- M-NTC
Bogosian- M-NTC
Vasilevskiy- NMC

Cernak and Sergachev have NTC's that kick in after next season, Cirelli's kicks in 2 years from now

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
With the season now over, lets look ahead at what we need to do to stay in playoff contention.

Cap space (Assuming its 83.5m) : $9,275,000

Key RFA's:
Ross Colton
Tanner Jeannot
Rudolfs Balcers
Cole Koepke
Gabriel Fortier
Simon Ryfors

Key UFA's:
Alex Killorn
Brian Elliott
Ian Cole
Mikey Eyssimont
Corey Perry
Pierre-Édouard Bellemare

Roster as of next year:
Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-?
Maroon-Paul-?
?-?-?

Hedman-Cernak
Sergachev-Perbix
Fleury-Bogosian
Raddysh

Vasilevskiy

LTIR: Seabrook

Notable Prospects:
Niko Huuhtanen
Isaac Howard
Declan Carlile
Hugo Alnefelt
Lucas Edmonds
Jack Finley
Gage Goncalves
Jack Thompson
Roman Schmidt
Max Crozier
Dylan Duke
Maxim Groshev

Would love to keep Colton, don't know how. I can see a need to keep Balcers, Fortier, and Ryfors. Essymont if we can get him cheap. Otherwise, where do we get the money?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I have concerns with Cernak too unfortunately. He's had concussion issues ever since Tom Wilson knocked his tooth out.
So you're saying he's tooth unreliable?

I like the emergence of Perbix and Raddysh. Thought their mistakes were regularly offset by what they did at the other end.

Forward group however needs a shooter or playmaker. Stammer had an incredibly disappointing 6 games. I don't care about his point totals, he just looked abysmal. Thought Kucherov looked spent by and large. Elite but spent.

We need guys that are hungry and want to light the fire again or it's gonna be Pittsburgh/Chicago all over again.

I wouldn't mind resigning Killorn and moving Colton. Ross isn't going to improve all that much. His numbers will go up in the top 6 but I don't think for the probably +3.5M lifer contract JBB is gonna throw at him, he's worth it. I'd look to move him. He's not exceptional in any category. I like him but so many times he's got his head buried too long to make a pass and his offensive game isn't anything to ride home about. He's also not the fastest or strongest. He's good but if I'm picking three years of him or Killorn, I'm taking Killorn - still. Harvard has the hockey IQ we need. I thought he had a great bounce back postseason.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The PP ultimately cost the Lightning this series as it sucked after game one. Heddy proved in this series he’s still vastly superior to Serge. Make the change back

Reactions: aylib
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad