Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
are we still acting like sergachev is terrible defensively because he makes mistakes every now and then? he is good enough defensively for an offensive D. maybe overpaid by like a million but who gives a shit.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
are we still acting like sergachev is terrible defensively because he makes mistakes every now and then? he is good enough defensively for an offensive D. maybe overpaid by like a million but who gives a shit.
He’s good but yes JBB should have paid him 7.5 AVV not 8.5 AVV

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
He’s good but yes JBB should have paid him 7.5 AVV not 8.5 AVV
Yeah and he should have paid Kuch 8.5, Point 8.5, and Stammer 7.5, and Vasy 6... I can play this game too.

I know he didn't sign those contracts, but still...its ridiculous to think inflation isn't a thing and players don't take that into account when signing contracts.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Lol Dahlin got NHL defense right away? What the hell were you watching?
First off while I " watch a lot of hockey " I rarely use the eye test as the sole basis for any assessment I make. I also never use any offensive stats as any priority in judging a DEFENSEMEN. In Dahlin's case, he came into a Buffalo organization when it was quite possibly the worst team in the league. On the other hand Serg walked into a team that was on the verge of going to the finals and did for 3 consecutive seasons. So I take that into consideration, I also take a look at the minutes and type of situations and minutes a players is playing. I also will look at who a player is paired with. If Serg comes into the league and plays with Hedman is that the same as Perbix playing with a older Hedman? Is it the same as Perbix playing with a Sergachev? I also look at where the d men start their shifts. Some guys start in the o zone and others are used for the defense zone. Possession metrics and other stuff can be found with the right sites. I posted links to the stat sites I use and while it isn't for everybody it might help some understand why I judge players the way that I do. Look up natural stattrick and money puck or just google nhl defensemen stats and play around and you might see what you or I have been missing.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Fair enough but I have heard that about so many other defensemen but have seen others jump into the league and get it right away. Dahlin comes to mind, Ekblad another and these two played on bad teams when they came into the league.
Ekblad sucks? He hasn't been good in like 3 seasons, Dahlin is very good but his case is far more rare than you think and this is his sixth season. Temper expectations for young defenders because its rare they're ready to go on day 1.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Ideally we need to find from signing or in house a top 6 forward, two bottom heavy 6 forwards, two physicals defenseman that block shots and use the body because Hedman and Cernak are going to get banged up often.
Forwards
Kucherov Stamkos x
Hagel Point Cierilli
x Paul x
Maroon Belly Essymont

Hedman Perbix
Cernak Sergachev
Bogo/Raddyish ( don't really need another puck moving defenseman)

Fleury/ Myers roster fodder to sent down

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I see us grabbing someone for super cheap that nobody expects and we get called out for cheating the system

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
So where are we cap wise with Colton, Perry, and Cole gone. Are we in resign Killer territory now?

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
So where are we cap wise with Colton, Perry, and Cole gone. Are we in resign Killer territory now?
None were under contract for next year and all need to still be replaced...so in mostly the same cap spot as a week ago, but with those three more assuredly not coming back.

Also, horrible news about Al Murray if he's moving on too.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We have 7.3 million in cap space still not enough to sign killorn and Jeannot and fill a roster out.

Unless killorn wakes up tomorrow and signs a lower value contract.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Assuming Myers and Fleury get sent down, we are sitting at 9.3m to fill 4 forward spots ( 1 being Jeannot) a 3LD, and a back up goalie, and maybe a depth forward that could come from Syracuse

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
Kllm Kostin, who was let go for future considerations— how much different is he from Tanner Jeannot?
I get that timing and situations are entirely different, I’m talking about their skillsets.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Kllm Kostin, who was let go for future considerations— how much different is he from Tanner Jeannot?
I get that timing and situations are entirely different, I’m talking about their skillsets.
Pretty similar, i think Jeannot is more aggressive but Kostin has a mean side as well and probably has a better scorers touch, and his favorite team growing up was Tampa.,
IIRC, you can't announce extensions until January.
They can announce extension for any free agent that expires next july 1st this year. if they just signed a 1 year deal tomorrow, then they would have to wait till January 1st to announce a new extension

Reactions: aylib
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad