Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread II: We're all gonna die edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Merela deserved his spot on this team good for him. A little nervous going with Tompkins as back up but he played solid in preseason. Watson is a great option for 13th forward that adds toughness when needed. ABB has got to be as good as gone at this point then.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Perhaps ABB's status depends on whether or not Bogosian cleared.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Trade Kochetkov for ABB?
Not a trade, just a loan. Canes don’t have an AHL team so their prospects will be loaned to other organizations to find playing time.

Panthers loaned us their prospects during the shortened 2021 season when they didn’t have a team. Crunch had the upgraded help of Sam Montembeault and Grigori Denisenko.

The big thing is how this effects Hugo Alnefelt. On one hand Kochetkov will take starts away from a Lightning prospect. On the other hand, the Crunch get stronger as a team, and best case scenario this pushes Alnefelt to be better. Orlando will also get Fitzpatrick now, as originally planned.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Not a trade, just a loan. Canes don’t have an AHL team so their prospects will be loaned to other organizations to find playing time.

Panthers loaned us their prospects during the shortened 2021 season when they didn’t have a team. Crunch had the upgraded help of Sam Montembeault and Grigori Denisenko.

The big thing is how this effects Hugo Alnefelt. On one hand Kochetkov will take starts away from a Lightning prospect. On the other hand, the Crunch get stronger as a team, and best case scenario this pushes Alnefelt to be better.
Best guess is the organization saw something from Hugo in his two preseason games in Syracuse that they did not like, so when Carolina made the offer they jumped at the chance.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Since Vasy will go on ltir after tomorrow, and Merela could be sent down and then recalled, the Watson signing has Tampa using all but $2 of their ltir pool with 22 players. I still figure opening night has
Stamkos-Point-Kuch
Hagel-Cirelli-Ace
Sheary-Paul-ABB
Jeannot-Glendening-Motte
Watson

Hedman-Perbix
Serg-Raddysh
DeHaan-Cernak
Fleury

JJ
Tompkins

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Could ABB be injured?
I don’t really remember anything happening to him in the last preseason game. Eyssimont did get hurt and left for a little bit but came back and finished the game. Also practiced with the team today.

Seravalli had reported that we were trying to accommodate Bogo since he was only going to be a #7 or #8 dman going forward here. We all knew Bogo wasn’t going to be a regular in the lineup so that makes complete sense. We’ve done this before with aging dmen like Brewer too. But with ABB, every indication we’ve seen since the first day of camp was that he was in the top 12 and therefore going to make the team. He never got knocked down in the lineup like Watson and Merela, and he was practicing with the 2nd pp unit just the other day. Kinda strange that all of a sudden he’s not there.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I don’t really remember anything happening to him in the last preseason game. Eyssimont did get hurt and left for a little bit but cam back and finished the game. Also practiced with the team today.

Seravalli had reported that we were trying to accommodate Bogo since he was only going to be a #7 or #8 dman going forward here. Could be JBB is trying to do the same for ABB? We all knew Bogo wasn’t going to be a regular in the lineup so that makes complete sense, but every indication we’ve seen for ABB since the first day of camp was that he was going to make the team. He never got knocked down in the lineup like Watson and Merela, and he was practicing with the 2nd pp unit just the other day. Kinda strange that all of a sudden he’s not there.
i guess they showcased BOGO a bit too, if that's actually what they were doing with ABB.

i really don't know why he wouldn't make it over anyone else, like watson though

watson is ok, i guess. he's just really a "no, we have a jeannot at home" type

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Cooper fxxxing with us again.
I am completely convinced the Lightning do things like this on purpose as a "You know absolutely nothing" flex against regular fans and people. Like if Kevin Weekes hadn't broken the news on Vasy we probably still wouldn't know what the hell is going on, just "upper body injury aw geez we just don't know. He had surgery but again you can't be certain with this stuff. Aw geez I *JUST* don't have any kind of time frame. You gotta tune in and find out" and only just today we'd find out he's not on the opening night roster.

If they could keep the whole world oblivious to everything I think they would

Reactions: StammerHammer

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
According to Erik E, ABB is still on the roster and Merela will be sent down as a paper transaction. Kind of weird ABB wasn't at practice if he’s on the roster, unless it’s an injury.

Reactions: Meuracas

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
According to Erik E, ABB is still on the roster and Merela will be sent down as a paper transaction. Kind of weird ABB wasn't at practice if he’s on the roster, unless it’s an injury.
Possibly a "potential" trade that may or may not come to fruition. Just enough to keep him off the ice.

Reactions: Tampa22 and JFleegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad