Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread II: We're all gonna die edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Yeah I think he could’ve re-signed all three of Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev for a combined million or two less (maybe at the cost of shorter term). But JBB decided to give them full market value and full length for some reason.
If I remember right, they took below market bridge deals, with the promise they would get full value on the next deal. JBB just kept his promise.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
With that extra 3.5mil JBB should be able to sign Stamkos to 6.5-7 (getting an additional 1.5 back from Stammers 8.5) and be able to sign a depth player or two. We should be in good shape next year

Reactions: Byrddog

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
With that extra 3.5mil JBB should be able to sign Stamkos to 6.5-7 (getting an additional 1.5 back from Stammers 8.5) and be able to sign a depth player or two. We should be in good shape next year
Yeah, if JBB can get Stamkos for 6.5-7, that would leave him anywhere from 5.3 to as much as 6.3, provided a cap of 87.5-88, for 5 additional signings to reach 22 players(3 F and 2 Dmen).

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

No mention of Chief in here?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
IMG_5142.jpg

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If I remember right, they took below market bridge deals, with the promise they would get full value on the next deal. JBB just kept his promise.
Same thing happened with point and kucherov they took below average bridge deals and then after there bridge deals they both got 9.5 AAV per year for 8 years

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Trying to fly down to Tampa for a game this season. As of now, has anything been announced to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the 2004 team?
My avatar is a picture of my tickets for that magical Stanley Cup season. What a ride that was. I have since moved to Alaska so I wasn't able to be at any of their other SCF appearances.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

bov

Nov 13, 2010

Randorf in his 4th season with the Lightning and Engblom in his 9th jumped out at me, doesn't feel that long.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Terrible track record though... hasn't been above .900 at any level since 19-20 AHL season.
It's not great, but it's not like the other goalies on Tuscon (with a large enough sample size) did that well, either.

Tuscon and Orlando had the same record last season. 30-33-9, with underperforming goalies.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'd think we claim one of these goalies from waivers. Would be a pretty big gamble to go into the season with goalies who have combined 35 NHL games under their belt. Johansson will get the first chance as he's earned it but Tomkins has barely played in the AHL and his numbers aren't all that impressive in any league he's played in his career.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'd think we claim one of these goalies from waivers. Would be a pretty big gamble to go into the season with goalies who have combined 35 NHL games under their belt. Johansson will get the first chance as he's earned it but Tomkins has barely played in the AHL and his numbers aren't all that impressive in any league he's played in his career.
His Olympics numbers are pretty good, although that's a small sample size in a short-form tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad