Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread II: We're all gonna die edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
staff also hasn't said anything?

this board is going to do a complete 180° again if mers becomes the forechecking, grinder, non-scorer that cooper has been adept at making others become.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The same staff that missed on Verhaeghe, JAM, looks like Raddysh(although at least getting Hagel back has offset this one fairly easily). It's also a team that made a large gamble paying 6 assets for what now looks like a 3rd/4th line tweener(despite some of his intangibles, and ofc it could still look good but not as of now), yet ABB was definitively not good enough for a guy with one good Liiga season, a camp, no NHL games and 5 preseason games. The staff may be right here, but just because they made the decision doesn't mean we should just buy it hook, line and sinker as the correct one.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The same staff that failed miserably when it mattered for 5 straight years and didn't handle Vasy well last year either. Its great that they won two cups, but it doesn't mean all of their moves are beyond questioning or criticism. I'm sure most on here are celebrating ABB being waived again in favor of Merela, but I'll hold off on proclaiming it some big success for the team until Merela actually does something at the NHL level for an extended stretch. Having Tyler Motte now as the apparent opening night 2RW is certainly something as well.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
This organization has basically been the standard of the league for years now..."the staff" is fine. They didn't miss on Verhaeghe or JAM, those were two players who were always going to have a bigger opportunity elsewhere. Pretty sure Verhaeghe was offered a contract to stay but chose Florida instead.

Reactions: JFleegs

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
JAM and CV being the great players they became would have resulted in I don't know how many cap casualties. It would have likely set the Lightning back. We can't take back what happened but we can relish the back to back titles.

For their sake I hope they aren't as hung up over the Lightning moving on from them as the Lightning fans are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad