Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
Anyone have a scouting report on this guy?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Let's ask Joakim Lindstrom !

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Well, looks like he's a great skater with a bit on an edge to go along with his offensive instincts. Would be a nice gamble to take. We should be signing a couple of these guys(as well as College UFAs) every year until someone else O'Conner's it up.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
THNs Future Watch is out.

TLDR the Cubbard's Bare.

I disagree with them ranking Ritchie in the 50's.
Wonder when the bulk of the writing/rankings were actually done. Maybe they missed the last couple of months of Ritchie play.

Well, looks like he's a great skater with a bit on an edge to go along with his offensive instincts. Would be a nice gamble to take. We should be signing a couple of these guys(as well as College UFAs) every year until someone else O'Conner's it up.
I confess at times I have some difficulty getting excited about any these prospects.

Bednar simply refuses to play any of them for any length of time.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I confess at times I have some difficulty getting excited about any these prospects.

Bednar simply refuses to play any of them for any length of time.
I don't think that's true. Kerfoot was a college UFA and he earned a big role on the team straight away. LOC spent a while in the A, but he was also a UDFA signing. And Malinski spent a decent chunk of time up, too, he was pushed down by a healthy lineup.

I think the problem is more that most of these guys just aren't good enough to move the needle. Meyers was the best of them, and he's going to max out as a tweener/first callup kind of guy.

Like I said earlier, you never know, and it doesn't hurt to get a free prospect without spending a pick, but the reason to not get excited about them isn't Bednar.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
When does Behrens season end? Is there a chance he joins the Avs this year?

Makar 2.0 LFG!!!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Makar 2.0 LFG!!!
Probably not for a little while. The Frozen Four is in mid-April, and there's a good chance DU is there. He could join the Avs, but if he does it probably means we have an injury or two on the blueline and that wouldn't be good. I don't think he's likely to force his way onto a healthy Avs D in the playoffs, I think it's more likely that JJ retires, Walker goes to UFA, and Behrens gets a wide open shot to make the team in October.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Probably not for a little while. The Frozen Four is in mid-April, and there's a good chance DU is there. He could join the Avs, but if he does it probably means we have an injury or two on the blueline and that wouldn't be good. I don't think he's likely to force his way onto a healthy Avs D in the playoffs, I think it's more likely that JJ retires, Walker goes to UFA, and Behrens gets a wide open shot to make the team in October.
You missed the part where we trade Rants to keep talent like Walker in Colorado.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I think it's more likely JJ re-signs than retires. I think he's having his best season in an Avs sweater.

Would make more sense for Girard to get moved and Behrens tried out on the bottom pair with Manson. Not sure what that means for Malinksi and Walker, but I don't forsee a playoff roster icing 3 of Malinksi/Behrens/Girard/Walker at once

I was pretty surprised Behrens wasn't moved at the deadline

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I think it's more likely JJ re-signs than retires. I think he's having his best season in an Avs sweater.

Would make more sense for Girard to get moved and Behrens tried out on the bottom pair with Manson. Not sure what that means for Malinksi and Walker, but I don't forsee a playoff roster icing 3 of Malinksi/Behrens/Girard/Walker at once
You give JJ a small contract and keep re-signing him until he looks done as a 7/8.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Makar 2.0 LFG!!!
DU is a team that could easily make a National Title run. Earliest is probably last game or two in the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad