Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
@Gigantor The Goalie Any idea why Suchanek went undrafted and unsigned? Seems pretty promising purely off stat-watching. 20 yr old 6'2 goaltender thats posting a .930 SV% in the AHL. Doesn't seem like a system-related stat either since the other 2 goaltendings on the Gulls have a sub .900 SV%..

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I don't get to watch much college hockey. If anyone has been able to wacth The Pioneers this year, how has Behrens looked? Looks like he is producing points about the same rate as last year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't get to watch much college hockey. If anyone has been able to wacth The Pioneers this year, how has Behrens looked? Looks like he is producing points about the same rate as last year.
He’s been very good. Anchors the top pairing and does a really good job. Only gets 2nd unit PP time, if he gets any, so he’s going to be a bit limited on his production anyway. Which is fine, he’s not a big future PPQB. Maybe a 2nd unit guy, but more likely not a PP guy. Plays a lot like G and projects similarly. My main concern is as a bottom 4, small defenseman that doesn’t have high end offense… he’s going to have a hard time breaking into a role. He’ll need to show he can PK in the NHL or he’ll turn into more of a depth call up than a NHLer.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
He’s been very good. Anchors the top pairing and does a really good job. Only gets 2nd unit PP time, if he gets any, so he’s going to be a bit limited on his production anyway. Which is fine, he’s not a big future PPQB. Maybe a 2nd unit guy, but more likely not a PP guy. Plays a lot like G and projects similarly. My main concern is as a bottom 4, small defenseman that doesn’t have high end offense… he’s going to have a hard time breaking into a role. He’ll need to show he can PK in the NHL or he’ll turn into more of a depth call up than a NHLer.
waste of a 2nd rounders then

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Cool. Trade fodder this deadline.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Button ranked Ritchie as a AA prospect:

The top end of Button’s list is dominated by American and European players, with Oshawa Generals forward Calum Ritchie (No. 6) one of just two Canadians in the top 20, along with Buffalo Sabres goaltender prospect Devon Levi (No. 20). The Brampton, Ont., native is also the only current CHL player in the top 22.

Ritchie was taken 27th overall by the Colorado Avalanche in last June’s draft. In 37 games this season, he has 19 goals and 60 points as the Generals are third in the OHL’s Eastern Conference with 65 points, five behind the Sudbury Wolves and Brantford Bulldogs, who have 70 points.

Button cites Ritchie as the main reason the Generals have risen up the standings this season after finishing eighth in the conference in 2022-23.

“Elite hockey sense,” said Button of Ritchie. “High-end skill and flexibility in his game. He can make plays; he can score goals. He can use his size to gain advantages. He can play a quick and fast game.”

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I usually don’t get to watch anything but the Avs… I did see that the nhl network will be airing the generals game on wednesday

Reactions: LTCPain75

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Guess todays the day we can start signing ELC’s for next year. Come on CMac. Off the couch and do a little work today
For the most part, the Avs are not very active on the first day. Most of these signings for the Avs happen between the 5th and end of the months. I think the last March 1 deal was Nick Henry and even Timmins, where his contract was practically done for months, was signed and announced the 2nd.

Reactions: AvsFan2123

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
For the most part, the Avs are not very active on the first day. Most of these signings for the Avs happen between the 5th and end of the months. I think the last March 1 deal was Nick Henry and even Timmins, where his contract was practically done for months, was signed and announced the 2nd.
Whoa...good thing they got that guy done early!

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
On a negative note Provy is having a very bad night. He was pulled after 4 goals against on 11 shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad