Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs actually don't have a scout based in the Denver area on the amatuer side. Of course they filter through and are around from time to time... but nobody is seriously scouting any of the local Colorado teams.

• Wow
Reactions: DanishAvsfan

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
The Avs actually don't have a scout based in the Denver area on the amatuer side. Of course they filter through and are around from time to time... but nobody is seriously scouting any of the local Colorado teams.
That sounds totally stupid to me. Someone will have to explain me why that is. In soccer, the pro clubs tend to suck up all the local talent first. But of course they have big youth departments. I suppose NHL don’t have that since they draft kids rather than develop them since they are kids.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
That sounds totally stupid to me. Someone will have to explain me why that is. In soccer, the pro clubs tend to suck up all the local talent first. But of course they have big youth departments. I suppose NHL don’t have that since they draft kids rather than develop them since they are kids.
Soccer dont have draft system so they have youth programs in which they can grow their own players from young age and it is always based locally.

Reactions: DanishAvsfan

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It is a double edged sword. The downside is lack of parity and enormous adventage of big market clubs.
This is the big reason why soccer can never be that appealing to me.

The big wealthy teams based in the largest cities will always dominate the rest to the point that the smaller clubs become almost farm teams for the rich. The champion is nearly every single time one of a couple clubs, extremely predictable and boring.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What happened to Colby Ambrosio this season? After a couple of respectable seasons on the score sheet, he's got just 1G4A in 23 games as a senior. That doesn't bode well for him getting a contract this spring, you really want to see a senior have a strong showing. Instead he's getting passed by younger players on his own team.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
What happened to Colby Ambrosio this season? After a couple of respectable seasons on the score sheet, he's got just 1G4A in 23 games as a senior. That doesn't bode well for him getting a contract this spring, you really want to see a senior have a strong showing. Instead he's getting passed by younger players on his own team.
I said something similar a little while back. I considered him one of our underrated and not talked about a lot guys who’s been fairly productive and developing. I thought this was going to be a big year for him having a lot of talent surround him. Could’ve used him as a needle mover in a possible trade. But man. What a disappointment. You’d think now that if he’s playing lower in the lineup against lesser competition he’d be doing at least the same as years past but not even close.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Has Olausson ever played C at any point in his career? I always thought he was a W only but EliteProspects has him listed as W/C.

And no I am not thinking of him to be tried at C with the Avs. I am just curious because I have never read anything about him ever being a C.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's what happens when you go to prime dominant schools like BC. They get ridiculous freshmen classes every year, which reduces the roll of other players on the team. That is pretty much what happened to Ambrosio. He was on the 2nd line a couple of seasons ago and now he's on the 4th line from what I've seen this season.

Reactions: McMetal

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Not too bad , I wonder how he has looked
Like this :
1707247358010.png

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It will be interesting to see if Olausson is slowly turning the corner and finally figuring some things out. He started the season with only 1 pt in his first 9 games. Since then he has scored 19 pts in his last 30 games for a .63 PPG pace.

For people watching his games has he changed the way he plays? Is he more involved physically and going more to the dirty areas? Or are we seeing more of a streak than progress?

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
It will be interesting to see if Olausson is slowly turning the corner and finally figuring some things out. He started the season with only 1 pt in his first 9 games. Since then he has scored 19 pts in his last 30 games for a .63 PPG pace.

For people watching his games has he changed the way he plays? Is he more involved physically and going more to the dirty areas? Or are we seeing more of a streak than progress?
Talent begets talent. With injuries and call ups the Eagles have been lacking in talent. Some is on OO and some on the Eagles.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Talent begets talent. With injuries and call ups the Eagles have been lacking in talent. Some is on OO and some on the Eagles.
I don't think last season and the beginning of this year was on the lack of talent. IMO it was mostly on OO.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That's what happens when you go to prime dominant schools like BC. They get ridiculous freshmen classes every year, which reduces the roll of other players on the team. That is pretty much what happened to Ambrosio. He was on the 2nd line a couple of seasons ago and now he's on the 4th line from what I've seen this season.
Yup, but t's also a pretty clear indication he's not even AHL caliber talent. If he can't carve out a role as a senior regardless of the players that gets brought in, he isn't going to go far.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yup, but t's also a pretty clear indication he's not even AHL caliber talent. If he can't carve out a role as a senior regardless of the players that gets brought in, he isn't going to go far.
The only saving grace for Ambrosio is perhaps his hockey style isn't useful as a 4th line grinder role. Like, I don't think Duchene would be posting up any good numbers having 13 minutes of ice time per game asking to be a tough forechequer. Colby absolutely has agitator qualities, but his game is more along the lines of Bunting/Jarvis than it is as Matt Martin, Derek Ryan, Nick Cousins style. The problem though is that he most definitely does not have Duchene or any sort of 1st rounder type of talent, meaning he's more likely an ECHLer than AHLer atm.

E: Also, every single 2nd or 3rd round draft pick would lose ice time to the likes of Will Smith, Perreault, and Leonard (which was their freshmen class). Projections had him as the 1st line winger before the season, so I do think the coach is messing around with him negatively.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The only saving grace for Ambrosio is perhaps his hockey style isn't useful as a 4th line grinder role. Like, I don't think Duchene would be posting up any good numbers having 13 minutes of ice time per game asking to be a tough forechequer. Colby absolutely has agitator qualities, but his game is more along the lines of Bunting/Jarvis than it is as Matt Martin, Derek Ryan, Nick Cousins style. The problem though is that he most definitely does not have Duchene or any sort of 1st rounder type of talent, meaning he's more likely an ECHLer than AHLer atm.

E: Also, every single 2nd or 3rd round draft pick would lose ice time to the likes of Will Smith, Perreault, and Leonard (which was their freshmen class). Projections had him as the 1st line winger before the season, so I do think the coach is messing around with him negatively.
It's understandable he loses ice time to those trio and Gauthier, and frankly I think the coaching is an excuse. If he can't beat out or even compete for ice-time with guys like Gasseau, Jellvik, and Malone, he's simply not good enough.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad