Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sounds like funny business going on. Like the school funneling the money to a car dealership that is there in name only.
It’s the donors… instead of them donation to the schools, they give it to the players. Many schools are facing budget issues due to this directly. It is very odd though and likely not going to stay this way as it is the Wild West.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It’s the donors… instead of them donation to the schools, they give it to the players. Many schools are facing budget issues due to this directly. It is very odd though and likely not going to stay this way as it is the Wild West.
Ok I thought the schools that make big $ from NCAA where using that money to attract talent and keep the cycle going. If they can pay the coachs millions I thought they would also recruit with $.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ok I thought the schools that make big $ from NCAA where using that money to attract talent and keep the cycle going. If they can pay the coachs millions I thought they would also recruit with $.
The money for coaches and facilities mostly comes from donors… this just funnels it differently.

Reactions: Metallo

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
The crux of the NIL stuff is that while it helps student athletes earn before they turn professional, of which there is no guarantee for any athlete (even the best can get hurt and have their dreams go out the window before they go pro), what it really does is help recruiting and the rich get richer. The transfer portal is partially ruled by what you can make by going certain places and hey guess what those places are the biggest programs already. Can’t really blame the athletes but it’s not really about them, still.

Reactions: UnkleKraker

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
NIL allows athletes to make money indirectly now. Really it is donors just paying kids. We’re only a step away from schools just paying the kids directly. Have to imagine that’ll happen in the next 10-15 years.
Big college throwball fan. Always thought the kids should get some compensation. That said, current NIL rules feel like they are ruining the sport. Everything is super mercenary and short term now. Causes me mental dissonance.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Mercenary that’s a good way to describe it. The cycling of talent in college has always been higher than the pros but it’s gotten ridiculous. How do you build any following if athletes are spending no more than a season or two in any program?

Reactions: UnkleKraker

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
The quiet part out loud... decent chance Behrens doesn't sign.
Who's his agent, Will Butcher ?

Worked out great for that tool who thought he was the greatest thing ever... Maybe the 'schpiel' that Sakic gave him to try and get him to sign gave him a concussion and that's why he was never more than a shitter in the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Who's his agent, Will Butcher ?

Worked out great for that tool who thought he was the greatest thing ever... Maybe the 'schpiel' that Sakic gave him to try and get him to sign gave him a concussion and that's why he was never more than a shitter in the NHL.

Worked out for us in the end, we signed Kerfoot instead, and Kerfoot with Barrie got us Kadri, and Kadri got us Lord Stanley's Cup

So yeah, f*** Will Butcher and his cement skates

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If Behrens is not signed this spring I hope the Avs trade him this summer to get something for him instead of losing him for nothing in a year from now.

With that said the Avs could offer him a shot at 3LHD next season but I can only see that happening if G is traded. The D core would be a bit too small for my liking with both.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
If Behrens is not signed this spring I hope the Avs trade him this summer to get something for him instead of losing him for nothing in a year from now.

With that said the Avs could offer him a shot at 3LHD next season but I can only see that happening if G is traded. The D core would be a bit too small for my liking with both.
Especially if we use malinski as 3RHD.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
Mercenary that’s a good way to describe it. The cycling of talent in college has always been higher than the pros but it’s gotten ridiculous. How do you build any following if athletes are spending no more than a season or two in any program?
Coaches too. The days of a Nick Saban, Woody Hayes, or Don James are long gone.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Coaches too. The days of a Nick Saban, Woody Hayes, or Don James are long gone.
I don't think this has really changed. Prior to Alabama, Saban jumped around a lot. From 1990-2000 he had 3 different college head coaching jobs and a stint as a NFL DC. He then held that job for just 5 seasons before the Dolphins and back to Bama in 2 more. Woody Hayes had two head coaching jobs in the prior 5 years to Ohio State. It'll be the same now, if coaches get to a destination school, they'll tend to stay as long as they win. The schools that are destination schools are a bit more brutal than before and the turnarounds will have to be quicker with transfers and NIL. The small guys still get eaten up with any success.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
UMass was eliminated, but Makar looked bloody good. Much better than 7-9 points in 30 games or whatever his stat line is. I guess he returns for his senior season.

DU is one game away from being eliminated as well, but I reckon they return Cornell a favour and beat them to reach the Frozen Four, which is another week before a potential Behrens ELC. Ambrosio is another to potentially sign, but BC are the heavy favourites and should go to the National Title game. The better chance is that he returns as a fifth year and goes into the transfer portal to another school like Maine, Western Michigan, etc. No chance Avs sign Buyalski with another injury-filled year, should return to his senior year at Vermont. Avs will probably sign Jedlicka for the AHL team, but they do have another year on him and he did miss an entire season so far. Avs probably sign Sward and no chance Avs give Zhigalov a chance, he has somehow regressed quite amazingly since him being drafted. Absolutely talented, but sadly no brains.

Surprised we haven't given Ritchie an ELC yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00