Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Ritchie with another 1G 2A in the 1st period today. Kids been on a complete heater of late after the slow start.

I believe that's now 6G, 23 points in his last 11 games.
I don’t think he’ll be included in a package for Lindholm. We’ll need cheap ELCs in the future.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don’t think he’ll be included in a package for Lindholm. We’ll need cheap ELCs in the future.
It's either Ritchie or Gulyayev + 1st, or else we aren't getting Lindholm imo.

Just too many teams going for it this year, and I don't think Foudy/Behrens + 1st gets it done.

Reactions: lionsDen

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Make that 2 goals for Ritchie tonight

I’d try to trade Gulyayev + 1st instead of giving up Ritchie but CGY probably wants Ritchie.

Gulyayev has more upside IMO and especially if we do move Girard or Byram I think we want a good puck moving LD in the system for 2-3 years down the road.

The other issue with Gulyayev is at his size Calgary may be one of those teams with no interest for that reason alone.

That being said, ya if you can keep Behrens and know he's willing to sign with us, maybe you try to move Gulyayev instead.

I dont think any of them should be untouchable but I don't think they should trade both of Behrens and Goulash. Just one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
1.5ppg ? It was 1.4ppg not too long ago...
The answer is back in this thread.

Ritchie's production picking up is good. It needs to be sustainable. He's on a real heater with 14 points in his last 5 games which changes how numbers look dramatically. That rate is simply unsustainable for anybody, but if he picks up his previous production a bit, that averages things out. Production isn't the end all be all, but it is absolutely critical to have a baseline. Guys who can't dominate juniors in their +1 pretty much have zero chance of behind above average to good as a NHLer.

The game yesterday against Kingston was amongst the best games I've seen from him. He was dominant. Of his points, he got 2 kinda freebees, but he could have had 1-2 others quite easily. His 2nd goal was a play that I'd hope would translate to the NHL... win a faceoff on the PP, move to the high slot on the bumper to tip the puck, then crashed the net for a easy tap in rebound goal. As a guy who's role in the NHL on the PP here is simply not on the half boards, that's the exact play you want to see more of.

If he is as engaged to finish the season as he was against Kingston, he will finish the season very strong.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The best thing to look at for Ritchie is the teams he's played against where got 14 points in 5 games. Junior league systems (and college) tend to have some really, really, really, really bad teams that go through stages of rebuilding.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island

Ritchie's production picking up is good. It needs to be sustainable. He's on a real heater with 14 points in his last 5 games which changes how numbers look dramatically. That rate is simply unsustainable for anybody, but if he picks up his previous production a bit, that averages things out. Production isn't the end all be all, but it is absolutely critical to have a baseline. Guys who can't dominate juniors in their +1 pretty much have zero chance of behind above average to good as a NHLer.

The game yesterday against Kingston was amongst the best games I've seen from him. He was dominant. Of his points, he got 2 kinda freebees, but he could have had 1-2 others quite easily. His 2nd goal was a play that I'd hope would translate to the NHL... win a faceoff on the PP, move to the high slot on the bumper to tip the puck, then crashed the net for a easy tap in rebound goal. As a guy who's role in the NHL on the PP here is simply not on the half boards, that's the exact play you want to see more of.

If he is as engaged to finish the season as he was against Kingston, he will finish the season very strong.
thanks @henchman21

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Glad he’s starting to look better, even if the stats are semi-inflated due to a hot streak. Has he been going to the dirty areas along the boards too? When I watch him I see a smart, but not flashy center. Many of his points appear to be coming from being in the right spot or making the right play, does this align with your viewings of him?

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The best thing to look at for Ritchie is the teams he's played against where got 14 points in 5 games. Junior league systems (and college) tend to have some really, really, really, really bad teams that go through stages of rebuilding.
Winning % as of today for the 4 teams (played Kingston twice):

Flint 0.451%
Saginaw 0.679%
Kingston 0.513%
Peterborough 0.449%

A pretty average schedule imo without knowing much about these teams.

Reactions: S E P H

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Glad he’s starting to look better, even if the stats are semi-inflated due to a hot streak. Has he been going to the dirty areas along the boards too? When I watch him I see a smart, but not flashy center. Many of his points appear to be coming from being in the right spot or making the right play, does this align with your viewings of him?
Not really... he's not a big dirty area player and doesn't have a lot compete in him. When he does engage, he can win battles at a pretty significant rate. It is more about keeping him involved and his motor up more than pure ability. He can read the play well, and he's a very good playmaker... he's about the furthest thing from a bull in a China shop though. People don't like it, but he reminds me a ton of Dylan Strome in the OHL... just a less purely talented version.

When you see games like he had against Kingston yesterday, you see why people expected him to be a top 10 pick. Those flashes (and talent) exist within him... getting out consistently is the key. If he plays like that to end the season... he'll be an easy 1.6-1.8ppg player down the stretch.

Winning % as of today for the 4 teams (played Kingston twice):

Flint 0.451%
Saginaw 0.679%
Kingston 0.513%
Peterborough 0.449%

A pretty average schedule imo without knowing much about these teams.
Saginaw is a top 5 team and with a move or two, will be right near the top of the contenders in the West (though I don't think anybody beat Kitchener this year). Kingston is a meh, low-end OHL playoff team in a league where the vast majority of teams make the playoffs. Flint/Peterborough are bad teams.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This guy was in our own backyard and they didn't take a chance on him?

Yeah that's odd. Not like they couldn't use a right handed RW either.

LOC is the only one they have. Don't think they have any in the AHL either, if Foudy is playing C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad