Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jets d system very much a work in process. Likely will take all of camp.for the players to get familiar with it.

Obviously first game and there's pounds of rust, and also coming back from injuries, but I'd like to see more from Lucius.

Just not quick enough nor dynamic enough to go one on one. He is also not all that strong on the puck for his size. Positioning is solid though he needs development time.

Reactions: Huffer

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that was the typical chaotic affair that is often the case with these pre tournament games.

Lots of defensive hiccups due to a completely knee d scheme.

Outside that turnover Cole played well. Took over shifts and was dynamic on the pp. I expect he'll continue to get better as he continues to shake off rust.

Lambert: We got what I expected we'd get. Flashes of great skill but also a lot of poor puck decisions. He needs refinement but the skills are there.

Lucious didn't do anything out there. Good positioning but was slow and weak on pucks. He didn't flash any of his skill tonight.

Zhilkin: Liked his game quite a bit. He showed good speed, puck skills and solid positioning.

Torganson: Was invisible like Lucious. He has to use his physicality more if he isn't going to do much with the puck.

Lundmark: Pretty solid defensive game in a new system. I like this player.

Kuzzman with a nice game. Good skating and skill. Ditto with Johanason

Holm was excellent. I think he puts last year behind him and has a good AHL year.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I thought Perfetti and Lambert looked like they were the best 2 guys on the ice for us, a step above the rest.

Lucius didn't look any better or worse than Bongiovanni and the rest of the mid-rounders.

Reactions: Peachkings1922

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Well that was the typical chaotic affair that is often the case with these pre tournament games.

Outside that turnover Cole played well. Took over shifts and was dynamic on the pp. I expect he'll continue to get better as he continues to shake off rust.

Lambert: We got what I expected we'd get. Flashes of great skill but also a lot of poor puck decisions. He needs refinement but the skills are there.

Lucious didn't do anything out there. Good positioning but was slow and weak on pucks. He didn't flash any of his skill tonight.

Zhilkin: Liked his game quite a bit. He showed good speed, puck skills and solid positioning.

Torganson: Was invisible like Lucious. He has to use his physicality more if he isn't going to do much with the puck.

Holm was excellent. I think he puts last year behind him and has a good AHL year.
Was watching Johannessen in particular since nobody has seen or heard anything about him. I thought he looked really comfortable out there overall but obviously needs to get better at board battles when under physical pressure. Interesting that coach`s put him out there on PP, altho opportunities were few. He`s obviously working at a size disadvantage but interesting that he`s here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Was watching Johannessen in particular since nobody has seen or heard anything about him. I thought he looked really comfortable out there overall but obviously needs to get better at board battles when under physical pressure. Interesting that coach`s put him out there on PP, altho opportunities were few. He`s obviously working at a size disadvantage but interesting that he`s here.

Did we sign him? If so then the Moose should do him good.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A few thoughts.

Perfetti: The only player on the ice that’s ready to play a meaningful role on the big club. Love his vision!

Lambert: Definitely some speed there but is a big work in progress.

Lucius: Got what I expected. Which was almost nothing. I hope he proves me wrong one day.

Zhilkin: I’m looking forward to seeing more of him. Good first showing.

Kuzmin: He was given a lot of ice time and he earned it. Very impressive game from the youngster.

Holm: Reminded me of a young Hellebuyck, minus a few inches. Really calm and steady back there.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Here's a quote on Perfetti from the 2nd article you shared:
"Slender at 5'11” and 175 pounds, Perfetti is blessed with blazing speed and terrific offensive skills"
Blazing speed, they say 🤔
I saw that too, and thought, hmmm, not well scouted at all.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
People should not read to much from the first game. For some it was first game on NA ice, other played first game after injury. Just look at yourself when you play first game practice with a new team or from a long break, you play safe and kinda shit. Would be more worried if it is the same after game 3

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
People should not read to much from the first game. For some it was first game on NA ice, other played first game after injury. Just look at yourself when you play first game practice with a new team or from a long break, you play safe and kinda shit. Would be more worried if it is the same after game 3
Also, for most of these players they are very much works in progress who are years from being nhl ready.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Holm I think is a sneaky prospect. He had great numbers overseas before heading over and the first year is always an adjustment. Not sure he will ever be Hellebuyck level but that’s a lot to ask.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Does Jamie Thomas do pbp/commentary with the Jets? Does he always talk like he did last night?

Jack tried to get him to talk like normal human being at one point but he reverted to talking like part robot and part Captain Kirk. His speech pattern was just hard to listen to.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Does Jamie Thomas do pbp/commentary with the Jets? Does he always talk like he did last night?

Jack tried to get him to talk like normal human being at one point but he reverted to talking like part robot and part Captain Kirk. His speech pattern was just hard to listen to.
I believe there was something wrong with his audio. He doesn't sound like that.

Reactions: hn777

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
schedule
The times listed below are Pacific.

Friday (Sept. 16th)​

Saturday (Sept. 17th)​

• Calgary Flames vs. Edmonton Oilers (7:30 pm)

Sunday (Sept. 18th)​

• Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets (2:00 pm)

Monday (Sept. 19th)​

• Winnipeg Jets vs. Calgary Flames (11:00 am)
  • Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers (2:30 pm)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad