GDT: 2022 World Series: (AL) Houston Astros vs (NL) Philadelphia Phillies

HOU vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Hell of a run by Phillies but they are not on same level as elite team like Astros.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Alvarez shot was I think around or over 450 feet. You can probably count on one hand the number of homers hit that far ever at Minute Maid.

Piazza or Beltran hit one that far or close to it with the Mets, I forgot which one did it

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Here we are again with Dusty...close to same scenario as WS 2002 and LCS in 2003, can his pitchers actually close the door this time? I have to figure Pressley is getting the last 6 outs

Houston’s bullpen is solid, they just showed a graphic and they are second best in terms of ERA besides the 1990 Reds. The 1973 A’s are ranked third.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The way Neris looked why would you ever not go right back to him? But of course we know unless you're Bruce Bochy nobody is allowed to manage that way anymore

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
He had done nothing in too weeks. Jose warming up was wild.

I dont think it was a bad move to pull him. He was starting to get wild and hit hard. Pena smoked that ball. He hit Maldonado. Can't do that.
He wasn't hit hard at all. Broken bat and a seeing eye single.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I was rooting for Philadelphia but I'll be happy to see Dusty Baker finally win it all as a coach

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Neris and Abreu are so good. Now just need Pressly to get it done against the top of the order. Though i would toy with letting Abreu get another batter to lessen Ryan's load.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Pujols against Lidge I would think

The Astros pitching was just too good this season.
Yep...been their strength all year. Pending what happens in the 9th, since Philly's last big inning in Game 3, they've scored three runs the next 26 innings.

Some say that ball is somewhere between Mars and Jupiter now.
I was at one of his first games there a few years ago when he broke a couple light bulbs on the f*ing scoreboard.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I'm worried that all the action he has seen finally wears on Pressly in the 9th. I think Dusty should send Abreu out at least for one more batter. Damn I'm nervous

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Have to hand it to the Astros. They built about as perfectly as a contender can be.

Solid, balanced hitting all through the lineup, elite rotation with 88 year old Verlander and the young guys like Valdez/Jaiver along with reliable lower rotation arms like Garcia and Urquidy. Top it all off with an absolute elite bullpen.

I'm going to grumble when they inevitably let Verlander walk and either replace him with another big name or just rely on the guys they have and still win anywhere from 95-100 games.

Should go a long way to getting people off their backs for the cheating thing too. They won this one clean and nobody can really say anything to the contrary.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Have to hand it to the Astros. They built about as perfectly as a contender can be.

Solid, balanced hitting all through the lineup, elite rotation with 88 year old Verlander and the young guys like Valdez/Jaiver along with reliable lower rotation arms like Garcia and Urquidy. Top it all off with an absolute elite bullpen.

I'm going to grumble when they inevitably let Verlander walk and either replace him with another big name or just rely on the guys they have and still win anywhere from 95-100 games.
I've said it before but someone showed a stat a couple weeks ago that the two teams that got the most production (pitching and offense) from their young players this year were Atlanta and Houston.

Verlander's shelf life is probably nearing the end so yeah they'll probably replace him with someone younger & better.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
3 outs. Smfh this is nerve wracking

We can let JV walk and still have a great rotation with Framber,Javier,LMJ,Brown,Urquidy,and Garcia. We are spoiled beyond belief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad