GDT: 2022 World Series: (AL) Houston Astros vs (NL) Philadelphia Phillies

HOU vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Wow, what a catch by Chas! Astros should've put the game away earlier, but Pressley really put out the fire. And Verlander finally got a WS win!

If Wheeler weren't gassed I'd say there is a chance. He is though.

I'll be a game 6. Hitting Framber will be difficult.
I'd agree, but your bullpen has held the Astros hitters down so far.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I don't know what Stanek ever did to Dusty but his lack of usage in these playoffs has been head scratching to say the least. I would trust him more so than Montero. But for whatever reason Dusty just doesn't trust him whatsoever.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Games like this show how important great defense is. Those plays by Mancini and McCormick were terrific.

Fantastic pitching and defense the last two games. Held Philly to two runs in 18 innings in their park. Been a great series.

Reactions: Voight

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Ryan Pressly will be the MVP .. IF we pull this off. Don't really know who else you would give it to. Abreu, possibly?

But i get ahead of myself. The 2019 choke will be occupying my thoughts for the rest of this series.

Oh. Forgot about Pena.
Yeah Pena's bat and glove been good. If they win it in 6 and Valdez pitches a gem, he's in the running. But if he pitches a gem and gets the win but Pena gets a rbi or more or just hits then what? Heck what if Pressly gets the save?
*Bregman has a outside shot as well

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I can't believe the Philly's manager didn't have Marsh bunting in that situation with the speedy Stott at 3rd...

Put the squeeze play on... stay out of the double play... score Stott from 3rd... and move Segura to 2nd

Absolutely horrendous managing to have Marsh and his sub-.200 AVG swinging away there

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ryan Pressly will be the MVP .. IF we pull this off. Don't really know who else you would give it to. Abreu, possibly?

But i get ahead of myself. The 2019 choke will be occupying my thoughts for the rest of this series.

Oh. Forgot about Pena.

Would be the first RP to win it since Sandman in 1999. Only 6th ever to win it.

Sep 19, 2008
As usual, Philly fans embarrassing their city and their franchise.

to put into context philly fans are harassing, insulting and going after Nick Castellanos which is pretty low for them.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I'm on my way to the game. Don't think the Phillies will win tonight but if they do I see them winning tomorrow too. I think we will know early if Wheeler has it or not.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
My nerves are already shot and the game hasn't even begun. Going to be a long night. I should probaly go get a bit of liquor or beer.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If you're Philly, this is the situation you want. You need two Ws and your two best arms are going for you.

Only problem is you need to find a way to beat the guy who has basically been unhittable all postseason.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sure how that inside fastball to Schwarber wasn't a strike but sure.

Phillies need to settle down. Hoskins can't be swinging on the first pitch there. Especially against a groundball pitcher like Valdez.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This strike zone has been interesting to say the least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad