GDT: 2022 World Series: (AL) Houston Astros vs (NL) Philadelphia Phillies

HOU vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know if actually winning changed anything but before the World Series, Dusty said he was coming back regardless of result: Dusty Baker set to return as Astros manager regardless of World Series fate
I'm sure it won't be a massive regret but man, the guy is 73. You got the title that eluded you, you have 2k wins a as a manager. What more left is there?

Like i said, i'm sure it won't hurt with the Astros being poised to contend again but idk, that's about as storybook as storybook endings can get.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
If they can reconfigure their bullpen, i think they'll be a legit playoff team especially with the extra seeds now.

Offense is there. Harper is Harper, Schwarber is probably the best pure power hitter in baseball and won't drive Phillies fans nuts once he's back at his rightful DH spot. Young guys like Stott getting better. Wheeler and Nola still there to anchor the rotation.

That Castellanos contract though.....not much one can do about that.
All time record for strikeouts in WS.

Average offense.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Astros bullpen with the second lowest combined ERA in postseason era.

First place belonging to the 1990 Reds and their absurd 0.29 ERA (jesus christ...)

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Half the people in that crowd are Bandwagoning Rockets and Texans fans.

As for the rest; well we know Manfred went soft on us.
He might have gone soft....but he also ignored a LOT of other stuff. The Yankees and Red Sox cheated and it was basically swept under the rug. The Angels had guys selling drugs in the clubhouse that resulted in the death of a player....swept under the rug.

That was my biggest problem with the whole thing - per the article that outed them they weren't the only team doing similar things - but MLB chose to run with their one villain and leave the rest behind.

F* it....it was five years ago. People need to move on. Most of those players aren't even there anymore. Houston's been one of the best teams in baseball the last five years and it doesn't look like they're going away anytime soon.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Astros bullpen with the second lowest combined ERA in postseason era.

First place belonging to the 1990 Reds and their absurd 0.29 ERA (jesus christ...)
And that's with Neris,Abreu,Montero and Pressly carrying most of the load. Those guys were downright amazing. Though Montero made me anxious on more than a few occasions.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Phillies have a 19 year old who is already in AA and is the top pitching prospect in baseball. Hell be up next year. Just need to dump Rhys and sign Turner or another middle infielder. Should be a 90 win team or so. The Braves are great though.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
They don't. Just overmatched. The Astros pitching too much. Had a chance though but blee it game 5. The Eagles are coming for the Bills though mid February :laugh::laugh:.
As much as I don't like the Phillies due to our rivalry, I gotta tip my cap to you guys. You played your hearts out all postseason long, especially in big moments. No shame in losing to a better team, especially one as great as the Astros. Should be an epic NL East race next season with us and the Braves!

Reactions: Halladay

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Philly experiences the unicorn-ish "double whammy f*** you" on a day where the Phillies lose the world series and then losing the MLS Cup in heartbreaking fashion to LA on penalty kicks.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Phillies have a 19 year old who is already in AA and is the top pitching prospect in baseball. Hell be up next year. Just need to dump Rhys and sign Turner or another middle infielder. Should be a 90 win team or so. The Braves are great though.

I personally do not feel they can compete long term with the Mets and Braves due to money and just stupid talent respectively on either...this may have been their shot.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I personally do not feel they can compete long term with the Mets and Braves due to money and just stupid talent respectively on either...this may have been their shot.
I agree to a sort. They showed you just need to get in. As long as they have that they have a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00