GDT: 2022 World Series: (AL) Houston Astros vs (NL) Philadelphia Phillies

HOU vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Congrats to the Astros. Awesome to see Dusty finally celebrate a World Series win as manager. Could tell just how much respect he has from the entire team and how happy they were for him.

This should now lessen all the talk about 2017 now that they have won it legitimately. Which makes you wonder why they even needed to cheat in the first place since they were/are a very talented bunch.

The one stat that shocked me was 0 HR and 0 RBI for Altuve in the playoffs. I thought that line was incorrect. :oops:

Sep 19, 2008
I agree to a sort. They showed you just need to get in. As long as they have that they have a shot.
Braves were supposed to be a shoo-in for another title this year and were eliminated in the first round. Dodgers have been "fitted" for rings and set records this year and still lost in the first round. If you can get hot you can go far, but the opposite also applies...

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Couple more comments. Sorry if this was posted already. Neris must be happy. Left the Phillies and signed with the Astros. Glad he had a good season and a great playoffs. Some Phillies fans were happy he was gone.

Apparently Bregman said his pinky might have broken during that slide to second.

Maldonado since the 2nd half the season was playing with a broken hand and a sports hernia :eek3:

Mattress Mack guy wins $75 million. I wonder after he refunds his customers, what his profit is.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The real question that will be asked is of Thompson made the right call pulling Wheeler at all there.
A lot of that today, obviously. Also Schwarber bunting.

The real one I think people are annoyed with is Game 4, 2 on 1 out with Marsh up and doesn’t try to bunt.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
A lot of that today, obviously. Also Schwarber bunting.

The real one I think people are annoyed with is Game 4, 2 on 1 out with Marsh up and doesn’t try to bunt.
Or Jean not trying to steal 2nd. Mancini probably doesnt make that play if he isnt on 1st and if Marsh shows bunt it is probably easier for him to do so. They had their chances in game 5 but ultimately the Astros pitching was too much. Doesnt help that Rhys is a walking disaster though and Thomson insisted to be bat Nick 5th for months even when we all saw how terrible he was. That is what annoys me the most.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Or Jean not trying to steal 2nd. Mancini probably doesnt make that play if he isnt on 1st and if Marsh shows bunt it is probably easier for him to do so. They had their chances in game 5 but ultimately the Astros pitching was too much. Doesnt help that Rhys is a walking disaster though and Thomson insisted to be bat Nick 5th for months even when we all saw how terrible he was. That is what annoys me the most.
When you have 71 strikeouts in the series, you need to be much more aggressive moving the runners you have.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Couple more comments. Sorry if this was posted already. Neris must be happy. Left the Phillies and signed with the Astros. Glad he had a good season and a great playoffs. Some Phillies fans were happy he was gone.

Apparently Bregman said his pinky might have broken during that slide to second.

Maldonado since the 2nd half the season was playing with a broken hand and a sports hernia :eek3:

Mattress Mack guy wins $75 million. I wonder after he refunds his customers, what his profit is.
Astros did an incredible job putting that pitching staff together. Lots of the experts have been saying the Phillies should have done this or that or if they had done this something might have happened. After the 5th inning of Game 3 Houston held them to three runs. Total. In 30 innings. That's dominance.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Congrats to the Astros. Awesome to see Dusty finally celebrate a World Series win as manager. Could tell just how much respect he has from the entire team and how happy they were for him.

This should now lessen all the talk about 2017 now that they have won it legitimately. Which makes you wonder why they even needed to cheat in the first place since they were/are a very talented bunch.

The one stat that shocked me was 0 HR and 0 RBI for Altuve in the playoffs. I thought that line was incorrect. :oops:

He was garbage this year. Heck, he started 0-27.

Astros did an incredible job putting that pitching staff together. Lots of the experts have been saying the Phillies should have done this or that or if they had done this something might have happened. After the 5th inning of Game 3 Houston held them to three runs. Total. In 30 innings. That's dominance.

IIRC only one of their homegrown starters was ever listed as a top 100 prospect. & I think Javier, Vzldez + Urquidy were all signed for less than 50 thousand.

It is quite impressive that they lost arguably the best SS in the league and don't miss a beat. Their drafting & development is amazing.

Also good on them avoiding the distinction of being the "new" 90s Braves.

Last edited:
Reactions: southsideIrish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad