GDT: 2022 World Series: (AL) Houston Astros vs (NL) Philadelphia Phillies

HOU vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
MLB: We have to put together this jam packed schedule for the first 3 rounds of the playoffs! We have no choice! We can't end the playoffs on November 10th!

Also MLB after both LCS' end quickly: Let's wait 4 full days before the World Series starts because we are too scared to schedule a game on Sunday to compete with NFL.
I don't MLB has much choice in the scheduling. It is the TV networks telling MLB what is going to happen, rather than vice versa.

Reactions: Voight

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Can we please win some Home games this time? Our home record between all of our WS is friggin putrid. 1-6 between the last two and just 3 wins total among all 4 of our WS appearances ( yes im throwing '05 in there)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
MLB: We have to put together this jam packed schedule for the first 3 rounds of the playoffs! We have no choice! We can't end the playoffs on November 10th!

Also MLB after both LCS' end quickly: Let's wait 4 full days before the World Series starts because we are too scared to schedule a game on Sunday to compete with NFL.

It's ****ing ridiculous that the MLB is either refusing, or, even worse, is unable to move up the start date of the World Series because of some network stooge.

Almost a full week gap between playoff games, what is this, the NFL? :help:

What a joke Game 1 should be tomorrow, Wednesday at the absolute latest. Both teams rolling, momentum is high, and here's the league just choosing to suck the life out of it completely.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
MLB: We have to put together this jam packed schedule for the first 3 rounds of the playoffs! We have no choice! We can't end the playoffs on November 10th! ...
Many people make fun of the ridiculous NHL/NBA playoffs where 16 teams make the playoffs. That's what we have in MLB now, where WS snow is possible. Are we gonna hide in domes someday? :rolleyes: It should be 8.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Seriously tho.... they lose arguably the best SS in the game yet his replacement wins ALCS MVP. Not many teams are that fortunate.

Mind you if they lose this one, they are going to be the 90s Braves of this era.

This is a world series of two teams that aren't very likeable.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'd like to see Dusty Baker win a World Series as manager.

I really hate the Astros but I have such a soft spot for Dusty. He's like a lovable failure as a manager. So I'm going Astros in 7. I was OK with wanting Kershaw winning a WS so i'll be OK with the Astros winning.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Game 1 finally, tonight.

Almost forgot about this series completely, with the three other main sports already rolling now and the MLB stubbornly refusing to shorten the break.

Maybe the Phillies split the first two and steal home field advantage.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This whole thing is kinda overblown. There's plenty of afro-caribbean players in this upcoming series.

I think the lack of African-American players can just be explained by the fact they're not gravitating as much to the sport as they were a couple decades ago. Baseball these days for kids isn't just picking up a bat and ball and going to play. It's an organized little league, travel league, rec that all costs time and money. It's turning into another rich people sport in North America. Hispanic countries don't seem to have that problem.

Lot easier for a kid (be it black, white, Hispanic, whatever) to pick up a basketball and shoot around with their friends or play touch football.
Not to mention the sport as a whole has kinda crashed in popularity compared to basketball and football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad