Speculation: 2022 Off-Season | Dethroned: What next? - Part 2

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Phil the Thrill to Vegas for 1y 1.5 AAV, wish we had the money. I am not sure if he would be a good fit, but I'd mostly want to watch his interactions with Kuch on and off the ice.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Phil the Thrill to Vegas for 1y 1.5 AAV, wish we had the money. I am not sure if he would be a good fit, but I'd mostly want to watch his interactions with Kuch on and off the ice.
We gave it all to Cole and Namestnikov. Like I know Kessel ain't what he was in Pittsburgh these days but if there's one guy I'd have trusted to get the most out of him it would've been Kucherov. He elevates everyone around him

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We gave it all to Cole and Namestnikov. Like I know Kessel ain't what he was in Pittsburgh these days but if there's one guy I'd have trusted to get the most out of him it would've been Kucherov. He elevates everyone around him

They play the same position, he wouldn't have played with Kucherov.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Names had chemistry with Stamkos and Kuch 4-5 years ago. Maybe he will have it again, but that's far from any sure thing. Whether or not he was the best value addition for the space the team had remains to be seen, as there were and still are other players out there that could've fit just as well, depending on term and aav(I don't see Names anywhere close to a top line player in Tampa, more of a 2nd/3rd line type until Cirelli gets back, then 3rd line pretty exclusively).
Oh dont get me wrong, I hate the signing. I dont think he's a player who helps you win big games. But we are gonna be hurting to start the year, so maybe the silver lining is he can help us not get behind in the playoff race.

Reactions: JTBF81

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

They're different players, but I think Perry makes Kessel redundant. Both are snipers who have slowed down, but Perry just does more outside of scoring.

I do think there's a hole in our top 6 though.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I didn't see a staff thread, but Mike Blunden has accepted a role with the Lightning.

He was an associate coach/skills development with the Renfrew Timberwolves previously.

My son played soccer against his, so I'm hoping he can stay with the bolts

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
They're different players, but I think Perry makes Kessel redundant. Both are snipers who have slowed down, but Perry just does more outside of scoring.

I do think there's a hole in our top 6 though.
Does no one else find the off ice antics of Phil the Thrill and Kuch the next great thing? I would love to see that.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Where do you see Namestnikov playing in your lineup this season? Bottom 6 or top 6?
3rd line regular and when we hit injuries 2nd line sometimes

Stastny waited forever to make a decision, Names was willing to sign on day 1, he's also exclusively a center and we're keep enough in that department.

yep JBB didn’t want to wait long in free agency he knew vladdy would take a 1 year deal to get back here with vasy and kucherov

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Does no one else find the off ice antics of Phil the Thrill and Kuch the next great thing? I would love to see that.

I think Namestnikov coming back was purely to keep Kucherov happy. I know Kessel isn't that great these days but it's insane to think we're gonna pay more for an old flame while a burnout will probably do better in Vegas.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
I‘ve never cared for his on air interviews. Didn’t project enthusiasm for the team. I don’t subscribe to the Athletic so can’t speak to his written work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad