Speculation: 2022 Off-Season | Dethroned: What next? - Part 2

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Probably the same reaction as now, when they signed him I fully anticipated that they would try and use him to replace Palat despite the fact he hasn’t scored over 31 points since leaving
He had 20 goals and 44 points in 62 games with us in 2017-18. JBB is probably betting on getting him back to that form.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
namestnikov is a complimentary winger. you put him on a shitty team like detroit or the rangers and he doesn’t do much but stick him to kucherov who he has great chemistry with and he should be fine

Reactions: Crunchrulz

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I guess its retirement day in the NHL. Chara, Yandle, Subban, and Kurtis Gabriel

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
My favorite Subban moment:

Cally's goal was part of a 7-1 win for Tampa in their first rematch since the Habs swept them last April. Stamkos had a hattrick, and Namestnikov scored his 1st nhl goal. After the game Subban said, "I'd tell Steven to enjoy it, because the next time, it's not going to happen." The Bolts would go on to beat the Habs in all 5 regular season games in 2014-15 including a 1-0 Ben Bishop shutout in the Bell Centre.

HM

Subban would give another great line to reporters after winning game 4 and surviving what would have been a Lightning sweep in the 2015 playoff by saying, "I think Bishop has kind of been sitting on a horseshoe." Bolts would eventually win the series in 6 games. Bishop (who would go 14-4-4, .935 sv%, 1.80 gaa against the Habs in his career) had a little something waiting for him in the locker room after the series, and got the last laugh with "Thank goodness for my lucky horseshoe."

Stuff like this made the games fun, made that rivalry with the Habs fun. All the best to PK in retirement. He'll be good for the sport in front of a camera.

For Chara it's hard to pick something. Vinny tried to fight him in the playoffs against Ottawa. That felt like a memorable moment. We had so many battles against him in the playoffs against Boston and the Isles. This Point goal in the playoffs was great

The March 2020 game in Boston that was just fight after fight felt like a rallying moment for the Bolts. Maroon got the takedown on Chara that game.

Chara was nasty, but I'm kinda glad this is how it ended

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Sinclair, through its Diamond Sports subsidiary, owns the local broadcast rights to 12 U.S.-based NHL teams, with games appearing on Bally Sports-branded networks. Diamond is struggling financially and could be headed for bankruptcy, which in turn could lead to teams losing out on the massive rights fees they’ve negotiated with the company. NHL teams, on average, make around $25 million per season from those agreements, according to one source with knowledge of the situation.
If the NHL were to purchase the rights to these broadcasts from Sinclair (possibly through creditors), it would be another step down a path of teams gaining better control of their local television and streaming space.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
namestnikov is a complimentary winger. you put him on a shitty team like detroit or the rangers and he doesn’t do much but stick him to kucherov who he has great chemistry with and he should be fine
Not a lot of guys who don't see their numbers improve with Kucherov.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
AHL tough guy with 50 or so NHL games under his belt as well. Not the kind of player whose name most Lightning fans would recognize unless they were also followers of the AHL.
I know him best from some highlight reel beatings. One at the hands of Vince Dunn in the tunnel, classic AHL moment.

No disrespect though, he seems very well liked and earned things the hard way.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I know him best from some highlight reel beatings. One at the hands of Vince Dunn in the tunnel, classic AHL moment.

No disrespect though, he seems very well liked and earned things the hard way.
No disrespect taken. He filled a role for the teams he played for; a role that not every organization feels is needed.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Did the Leafs end their relationship with Barb Underhill?

Tony Martino is interesting. Amateur scouting, goalie coach & former minor league head coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad