U18: 2022 IIHF u18s Germany April 23-May 1

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd love too! Making a US roster is a lot harder than making a Czech one... I'd take both if I could.

We won't medal... but I am liking how we look and enjoyed the game. Kulich and Sale look like they could be NHLers one day. I like Hamara's game as well... no idea what to think about Sapovalov (a name I mispell every time!). Petr getting hurt sucks... he seems quite promising for next years draft.

Russia and Belarus - Belarus is quite good at U18 and have a winning record against us recently I think? Don't they do a US style program? I seem to recall enjoying their style of play.
I also feel like Slavichek is underrated. I know he hasn't had the best year. He had to adapt mid-year to a change in team and country, which can be hard. But the guy is skilled and has size. Could be a good player. I think he should for sure be drafted.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I also feel like Slavichek is underrated. I know he hasn't had the best year. He had to adapt mid-year to a change in team and country, which can be hard. But the guy is skilled and has size. Could be a good player. I think he should for sure be drafted.
He looked good in third with Shapo... He was very good at university games. It's so hard to tell how good Czechs are because they are always on weaker teams getting shelacked!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Beauty Czech PK.. Lukas PLOS is a very interesting player to me. Never heard of him but he seems like a solid pain in the ass.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Really enjoyed that period... like the US game the first was very even and we may have been better.

The problem is that for us to win, we have to be near perfect for 60 minutes.

US essentially turned on the jets for 10 minutes and beat us.

So let's see how much damage Berard does in 2nd.

Zero complaints though and hope we can keep it up!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
What the f***? Czechs on powerplay.. Canada draws another one and passes it around perimeter... Shoot it on the damn net asap and get to the 5 on 3. Canada is losing some discipline...

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich is a bit of a shooter... He has to be a first rounder. 30 or so.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
3-2... Pp.. which has to be one of the best powerplay in tourney. Hold on... Czechs may have interfered... Video replay incoming.

Ftr... To my eyes . Canadian goalie grabbed the stick not the other way around

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
What a save by dick/Dyck. ... Could be a turning point. Once Canada gets out of penalty trouble I am expecting the ice to tilt.

Obviously Canada is a much much deeper nation but our big guns seem to be able to compete with them... Sale, kulich and Hamara have all been full value this tourney. Sapo as a 1C does a lot of things very well...

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
That is the weakest slashing call o have ever seen.lol. Canada PP coming up.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs killed it... Hope they are ready for wave after wave of Canucks flying at them.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Swiss over Latvia... So loser will not get to avoid Sweden/finland

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Reid Sucks mom looks stressed. She's probably use to Canada being up by 5 against the Czechs.lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Gorgeous Canuck goal... Followed by another Czech pp goal.. kulich.

Shots are 37-11 for czechs. I still think Canada wins this tbh but am definitely enjoying it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad