U18: 2022 IIHF u18s Germany April 23-May 1

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Östlund and Lekkerimäki are having a lot of fun out there and creating chances for fun. It will end 8-2 or something at this rate, most likely. Shame that Öhgren isn’t able to finish though.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Östlund is making many ridiculous creative plays that most players would never think about.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I wonder what will happen with that DIF line the upcoming season. Öhgren - Östlund - Lekkerimäki. Staying with DIF?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Although he looks smaller than those 178 cm I see him listed at, Gregory Weber was a highly skilled and entertaining player on the Swiss team. Looking forward to follow his progress in the future

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Although he looks smaller than those 178 cm I see him listed at, Gregory Weber was a highly skilled and entertaining player on the Swiss team. Looking forward to follow his progress in the future
Followed him herr in Switzerland he‘s really a talented player but i think he won’t be drafted because of his size.

Reactions: Preds666

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sale is a beaut! He might be our best player and he is underage. Shocked US hasn't scored yet. Not that it is wrong or anything.. but I hate the Hejduk isn't on our team.
You can take him. Most of us wanted him cut. He took a spot from the best forward on our U17's.

You guys put up a good effort today. A medal may not be likely, but still possible, especially with Russia missing. Everyone's chances go up this year because of that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
USA looks like pretty clear favourites so far, the rest of the spots are pretty wide open.
I'm disappointed there's no Russia this year. I know its politics and stuff we probably aren't allowed to discuss, but Russia's 2004 group was better than ours the few times we played. I don't know if they'd still be better and I think no Miroshnichenko would've hurt Russia's chances of winning, but that was the team that was our main rival in this 2004 age group. Now, it makes us the big favorite. We haven't actually won this tournament though since the 1999 age group, which was arguably the worst in a long time, so maybe this stronger age group also doesn't win it.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
You can take him. Most of us wanted him cut. He took a spot from the best forward on our U17's.

You guys put up a good effort today. A medal may not be likely, but still possible, especially with Russia missing. Everyone's chances go up this year because of that.
I'd love too! Making a US roster is a lot harder than making a Czech one... I'd take both if I could.

We won't medal... but I am liking how we look and enjoyed the game. Kulich and Sale look like they could be NHLers one day. I like Hamara's game as well... no idea what to think about Sapovalov (a name I mispell every time!). Petr getting hurt sucks... he seems quite promising for next years draft.

Russia and Belarus - Belarus is quite good at U18 and have a winning record against us recently I think? Don't they do a US style program? I seem to recall enjoying their style of play.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Also want to wish Latvia good luck in their game against the Swiss tomorrow!!!!

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm disappointed there's no Russia this year. I know its politics and stuff we probably aren't allowed to discuss, but Russia's 2004 group was better than ours the few times we played. I don't know if they'd still be better and I think no Miroshnichenko would've hurt Russia's chances of winning, but that was the team that was our main rival in this 2004 age group. Now, it makes us the big favorite. We haven't actually won this tournament though since the 1999 age group, which was arguably the worst in a long time, so maybe this stronger age group also doesn't win it.

Slovakia too. Both Russia and Slovakia's 2004 generations are outstanding.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Canada is an entertaining team to watch. Some rock n' roll hockey. Defense looks mediocre, but some seriously skilled players offensively.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad