U18: 2022 IIHF u18s Germany April 23-May 1

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Huge spunar save on fantilli. Got a lead and that is shocking. 7 pp goals in tourney... 5 on 5 is weak but I can't remember the last Czech team with a good pp.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Missed the Canuck goal... I'll assume it was pretty. Classic Canada to score early. Nice save by Dyck on bares who I think was aiming for a hat trick.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
There is the Canuck dagger... Button talking about hockey presence while somehow missing the forearm shiver to knock out a Czech player to get open.lol

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I started watching in the second when Czechs led 3-2 and immediately Canada scored. I closed the stream and continued two minutes ago and again Canada scores and now leads the game.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I started watching in the second when Czechs led 3-2 and immediately Canada scored. I closed the stream and continued two minutes ago and again Canada scores and now leads the game.
Stop watching.. you are bad luck for the czechs.haha

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I didn't get to finish game... I assumed it was over after Canada went up 5-4.

We are a one line time but that one line is damn good!lol

I now see the deal with Sapo. Reminds me a bit of a big Plekanec. Does a lot of little things right and is on the right side of the puck. I don't think he'll even be a elite scorer but who knows.

Kulich with 3 goals!
Sale with 4 points!

Kulich and Sale have complimentary stats... 1G and 6A and 6G and 1A. So that's working quite well.

Hamara with a 4 point night and he was everywhere! First time I've seen him playing in his actual age group.. he was this tourney last year as an underager and he plays in pro league in Finland with adults. Amongst his peers he stands out a lot more.

Given the exposure (TSN, Button on commentary, US and Canada games) I assume Kulich is now at the back of the first round with Jiricek and Sale will FINALLY enter some more '2023 draft watch' conversations. Shame Petr got hurt as he might be a first rounder as well.

Hope Bares is okay.. he got rocked with a forearm to the head. Dick move! Ooops, I'm falling and ooops here comes my elbow into your face.

We won't win this but that was fun!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hamara, Sale and Kulich needs to be on the u20 wjc in summer
Hamara behind Svozil/Jiricek would be beautiful.

Kulich and Sale as a third outscoring line would too! Just not sure if the Czechs can get away from top 6 and bottom 6 mentality.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Cech playing for the Czechs...lol

Imagine a kid called Canada playing for Canada.
Not that crazy... Finland has a national team player named Eemeli Suomi, and Suomi of course means Finland.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Cech playing for the Czechs...lol
Well if you know anything about the history of the region, being a Czech in Bohemia/Austrian Empire was much more of a defining feature than being Canadian in Canada where everyone is Canadian.

Anyway, back to hockey, nice to see bottom tier nation like Sweden beat Finland. Finland is obviously getting weaker, future overlords Slovakia will have an easy time winning this next year. Change my mind.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well if you know anything about the history of the region, being a Czech in Bohemia/Austrian Empire was much more of a defining feature than being Canadian in Canada where everyone is Canadian.

Anyway, back to hockey, nice to see bottom tier nation like Sweden beat Finland. Finland is obviously getting weaker, future overlords Slovakia will have an easy time winning this next year. Change my mind.
It's funny because some very common Canadian last names are French, Wales, Scott and Ireland.

Anyways, your second paragraph had me giggling.. thank you for that. Even thought it's benefitted Czechs, still pissed no Slovaks at this one. Quarters would be so much better tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad