2019-2020 expected roster volume 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If they don’t move Anisimov, they have 2M in cap space to fill 2 roster spots. The league minimum is 750K. It seems they can give Perlini 1.25M and use Sikura or Quenneville for the other spot. Not sure if they have to keep some space around for call ups though.

Reactions: LDF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If they don’t move Anisimov, they have 2M in cap space to fill 2 roster spots. The league minimum is 750K. It seems they can give Perlini 1.25M and use Sikura or Quenneville for the other spot. Not sure if they have to keep some space around for call ups though.
those numbers do not include Kubalik as well...but it does include both 4K and Dahlstrom, and both will not be up here if De Haan is playing...Perlini can fit, but if he thinks his worth is more than $1-1.25 mil - Bowman either shops or lets him walk..

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
And where exactly does he fit in the lineup? Because he doesn't deserve a spot over Nylander or Dach or Kubalik or Sikura. And I'd certainly rather give a look to Saarela before I'd give one to Perlini.

There's a reason Stan has dealt with all of our RFAs except Perlini. He's gone.
with all due respect, i totally disagree with Perlini. i am not a fan, but he has already have produce in the nhl while Sikura has failed in his limited chance.

trades needs to be done, for this team to continue going forward. until then, the roster is pretty much full.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
with all due respect, i totally disagree with Perlini. i am not a fan, but he has already have produce in the nhl while Sikura has failed in his limited chance.

trades needs to be done, for this team to continue going forward. until then, the roster is pretty much full.

The key part of your statement is bolded. He had a limited chance, and it wasn't so much a failure, IMO, as it was him getting accustomed to the NHL. He looked really good at the end of the season, actually. Consistently one of the better players on the ice.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If you take point totals out of the equation and just look at who plays more sound and effective hockey, it's Sikura.
how can you say Sikura is more rounded and productive..... how can you tell that ..... from last yr performance.... but hey maybe i missed something that you caught.

Perlini has been productive now and no one can take that away.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
how can you say Sikura is more rounded and productive..... how can you tell that ..... from last yr performance.... but hey maybe i missed something that you caught.

Perlini has been productive now and no one can take that away.

For small stretches at a time. He's terribly inconsistent.

Sikura started out playing poorly, but at the end of the season he was definitely one of the better players on the ice, IIRC.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Sikura started out playing poorly, but at the end of the season he was definitely one of the better players on the ice, IIRC.
What in the hell do all of you see in Sikura??? He's the definition of a 4A player. He can go to Rockford and carve out a nice career as an AHLer as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: LDF

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What in the hell do all of you see in Sikura??? He's the definition of a 4A player. He can go to Rockford and carve out a nice career as an AHLer as far as I'm concerned.

:huh:
He played well at the end of the season...

You thinking of Tyler or Dylan? Tyler is a career AHLer. Dylan can carve out a role on an NHL team, IMO.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
:huh:
He played well at the end of the season...

You thinking of Tyler or Dylan? Tyler is a career AHLer. Dylan can carve out a role on an NHL team, IMO.
Dylan. His upside is a 4th liner, if he started to play with some grit. His game is too soft for his skillset. He makes Kruger look like he had a great shot. He is no threat to score, ever.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Sikura has some slippery and elusive ability when entering the zone, chasing down pucks. He plays a bit like Versteeg but is no where near the scoring threat. He will get some helpers from his hustle and hands and that’s about it.

I think Nylander will deter any hope of Sikura in the top 9.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
P

Perilini is inconsistent, but his skating backs off defenders and is a threat in open ice. I don’t mind him being a Blackhawk at 1.5-1.8 per.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I think the top 6 should be:

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Nylander

For the first line, Kubalik can fit onto the line as a scorer. He doesn't really need to do much aside from be able to be the third wheel who can score in good positions that are created for him by Toews/Kane. From all we've heard about him, it sounds like he could at least fill that role given his good shot.

For the second line, I really think this is what Stan envisioned when trading for Nylander. Putting him with two others his age who are incredibly skilled as well would be perfect for him. In addition, he wouldn't have to be creating chances for himself/linemates to be successful, so he can gain some confidence while also producing.

The bottom 6 is in a lot of flux, but I think it should be:

Saad-X-Shaw
Cags-Kampf-Carpenter

If Dach/Kurachev/other scoring prospect can fit into the 3C role as another third wheel (Saad and Shaw can carry a third line easily), we should be in good shape. That fourth line is an amazing fourth line, in my opinion.

Reactions: bwana63

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He actually made a positive impact at the end of the season but was snake bitten. He is a smart player who is a playmaker while people solid in his own end. Middle 6 type player who is mostly a solid 3rd liner.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He actually made a positive impact at the end of the season but was snake bitten. He is a smart player who is a playmaker while people solid in his own end. Middle 6 type player who is mostly a solid 3rd liner.
I could see it if he was any sort of threat to score. His shot is borderline pro quality.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think Sikura has a short leash and a crowded field - happy to give him this season and see what he can do as like others said he did get better by the end..no reason to move on from him right now, but also nobody is really penciling him in as anything higher than a 3rd liner...which is more than fair in my eyes.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm sure there are players in the ECHL with a better shot than Sikura.
Did he get robbed or is his shot so bad that it allowed the goalie enough time to make the save?

Gotta back off on the hyperbole. Guy had 13 goals and 17 assists in the AHL in 40 GP. His shot is nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I have a friend who was drafted and burned out on 1 year who not plays mens league who has a better shot. Shot is not everything and it has never been what makes him effective.
Well of course, but he's not a threat to score which neutralizes the rest of his game at the NHL level.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Sikura has a short leash and a crowded field - happy to give him this season and see what he can do as like others said he did get better by the end..no reason to move on from him right now, but also nobody is really penciling him in as anything higher than a 3rd liner...which is more than fair in my eyes.

IMO Saarela has a much better chance at being an impactful player than Sikura and I like Sikura.

Dylan Sikura must be sweeting bullets with all these acquisitions cause the fact is unless he had a stellar off season and comes out guns a blazzing his NHL Career as a hawk has likely come and gone.

Its not only Saarela that is potentially pushing Sikura out either, its a bunch of guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad