2019-2020 expected roster volume 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Whyyyyy does everyone want to put Nylander with Strome and Cat???? That line would be soo incredibly awful in their own end.

92-19-88
12-17-20
should be the top 6
Kane and Nylander would be shades of Panarin with Kane.
They have enough depth now to have a defensively responsible forward on each line.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Whyyyyy does everyone want to put Nylander with Strome and Cat???? That line would be soo incredibly awful in their own end.

92-19-88
12-17-20
should be the top 6
They have enough depth now to have a defensively responsible forward on each line.

I'd rather not have Nylander on his off-hand to start if he's more comfortable with his right side, atleast to start.

Nylander with Cat-Strome makes the most sense to me because they're all young and should have compatible games. Deploy them in the offensive zone and let them go to work.

That said, if you really want to keep that line apart...

Nylander-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Shaw
Saad-3C-Kubalik
Cags-Kampf-Carpenter

I wouldn't mind having Nylander with Toews/Kane, but I just think he fits better with Strome-Cat. They'll be good enough offensively that I wouldn't really mind having a few terrible defensive plays every once in awhile.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

92-19-88
12-17-20
should be the top 6
I personally like Kubalik playing with Toews and Kane- they do well when you have a guy that can go to the net/crash the net a bit like he does..

Nylander with Strome and Cat is fine for me, that line is not going to be in the dzone much as is..plus keeping Nylander on his RW side means a lot to me..

Reactions: bwana63

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd rather not have Nylander on his off-hand to start if he's more comfortable with his right side, atleast to start.

Nylander with Cat-Strome makes the most sense to me because they're all young and should have compatible games. Deploy them in the offensive zone and let them go to work.

That said, if you really want to keep that line apart...

Nylander-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Shaw
Saad-3C-Kubalik
Cags-Kampf-Carpenter

I wouldn't mind having Nylander with Toews/Kane, but I just think he fits better with Strome-Cat. They'll be good enough offensively that I wouldn't really mind having a few terrible defensive plays every once in awhile.
I think he fits better with Toews/Kane. I also don't like Shaw with Cat and Strome. I think Kubalik is the best fit there. Let him and Cat pot passes from Strome.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I personally like Kubalik playing with Toews and Kane- they do well when you have a guy that can go to the net/crash the net a bit like he does..

Nylander with Strome and Cat is fine for me, that line is not going to be in the dzone much as is..plus keeping Nylander on his RW side means a lot to me..
If you read up on Nylander, he plays the crash the net game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Shaw is the pure wild card here, guy can literally play up and down a lineup as well as center..excited to see where he fits the best with, maybe even Kane and Toews.

Shaw - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Nylander
Saad - Anisimov - Kubalik
Caggiula - Kampf - Carpenter

that would be an interesting group out the gate

Dach/Sikura/Perlini/etc - possibles

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

SMU51

Dachshund Breeder
Jun 30, 2018
For those projecting lineups, Nylander was mostly playing LW in Rochester last year and played the entire year in Mississauga at LW.

I could see Nylander - Toews - Kane be utilized, and do have reservations against putting him with Cat and Strome for (1) fear of poor play in their own zone (2) his preference to playing on his off side a la Panarin.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If you read up on Nylander, he plays the crash the net game.
I have watched him for years, that really isn't his game - not to the level of a few others are capable of providing..Nylander isn't soft, but he isn't Caggiula out there by any stretch of the imagination. I like him better suited on the right wing with Cat and Strome, we will see how it plays out.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
All I know is Toews and Kane better be attached at the hip like they were to begin their careers.

Their game compliments eaxh other very well and they have highly underrated chemistry.

The same for Cat and Strome. The rest of the team can fill in wherever for all I care.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Something that was mentioned on the Hawks Podcast with Boyle was that the Hawks only had 1 regular (ONE!!!!!) that shot right handed last year (DCat - Hayden was the other), that is just crazy to me.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think Sikura has a short leash and a crowded field - happy to give him this season and see what he can do as like others said he did get better by the end..no reason to move on from him right now, but also nobody is really penciling him in as anything higher than a 3rd liner...which is more than fair in my eyes.

I think that's fair, but given what we have currently, I don't really see a path for him to play in the top 9. Now, if they move AA and Perlini, that gets a little easier, I guess.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
For those projecting lineups, Nylander was mostly playing LW in Rochester last year and played the entire year in Mississauga at LW.

I could see Nylander - Toews - Kane be utilized, and do have reservations against putting him with Cat and Strome for (1) fear of poor play in their own zone (2) his preference to playing on his off side a la Panarin.

If he is more comfortable as a LW (and wasn't just forced their because he can do both), then I think Nylander-Toews-Kane>Cat-Strome-Nylander.

That said, I'd be pissed if they put him anywhere besides those two lines.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

too many bodies on the LW side - he fits in better right away on the RW side..

Cat
Saad
Caggiula
Kubalik
Perlini

all LWs..Kubalik and Perlini could swap to RW as well, Nylander plays both sides and has done it for years..I think the opening for him is on the right side unless something else happens and another player gets moved..

Reactions: SMU51

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think the team builds around a shut down line, and a pure offense line

Saad - Toews - Kane - (pure offense vs opps best lines)
Cagguila - Carpenter - Kampf (shut down vs opps #2 lines)
(can switch Cagguila and Saad if it doesn't work that way)

and then the other two lines feast on the other teams bottom two lines

Debrincat - Strome - Shaw
Kubalik - Anisimov - Nylander/Sikura/Saarela/etc

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
for me I look at it this way - with Cat -Strome - Nylander - you kind of are putting all your "eggs" in one basket..we know the line will give up goals, but the reality is they will score many more than what they give up. this trio would allow us to have 3 other lines that have 200ft players on them and could matchup with anyone.

Kubalik - Toews - Kane - that is a solid trio, high end scoring with some decent 200ft play, especially from Toews

Saad - Aisimov - Shaw - that would be one of the best 3rd lines in the game, period.

Caggiula - Kampf - Carpenter - again, that is 1,000 times better than we we iced on our 4th line last year and would play a shutdown role that can contribute some offense..

Cat- Strome - Nylander could absolutely feast if the lines are deployed correctly as they would get the easiest matchups night in and night out..

Dach is the big wild card as him making this team changes some of that around - and if AA gets moved out he likely would slot in there..

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
1. I expect Nylander to start the year in Rockford and pout.

2. I expect Sikura to be in the Swiss league in 2-3 years.

3. I expect Perlini to carve out a decent career but on which NHL team I’m unsure.

4. I expect 4-6 games from Dach and then he’ll be returned. Though that will probably be based on how Saarela and Kubalik look,

5. I expect the D to be marginally better, mostly due to Shaw and Carpenter, until Da Haan plays in November. Then they’ll be average.

6. I think the playoffs is a 50-50 shot.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think the top 6 should be:

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Nylander

For the first line, Kubalik can fit onto the line as a scorer. He doesn't really need to do much aside from be able to be the third wheel who can score in good positions that are created for him by Toews/Kane. From all we've heard about him, it sounds like he could at least fill that role given his good shot.

For the second line, I really think this is what Stan envisioned when trading for Nylander. Putting him with two others his age who are incredibly skilled as well would be perfect for him. In addition, he wouldn't have to be creating chances for himself/linemates to be successful, so he can gain some confidence while also producing.

The bottom 6 is in a lot of flux, but I think it should be:

Saad-X-Shaw
Cags-Kampf-Carpenter

If Dach/Kurachev/other scoring prospect can fit into the 3C role as another third wheel (Saad and Shaw can carry a third line easily), we should be in good shape. That fourth line is an amazing fourth line, in my opinion.

This is pretty much how I see it working out as well.

The two biggest boom or bust guys get to play with tons of talent and be their third wheels.

A lot of two-way pressure will be on the third line, so Saad and Shaw make the most sense there, it's just a matter of finding their proper center. (I'll also be interested to see whether Saad and Shaw get much power play time. We could see both their scoring totals fall a bit if they're only getting 5v5 and PK time.)

Fourth line is like a poor man's version of Desi-Kruger-Shaw, but hopefully they can grow together and become as impactful as the original version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad