Saad - Strome - Shaw
Kubalik - Anisimov - Nylander
Caggiula - Kampf - Carpenter

de Haan - Gustafsson
Maatta - Murphy
Keith - Seabrook

Lehner
Crawford

Just bored, spitballing lines for fun. Thoughts? @RememberTheRoar @Kevin Musto @migi

Line 1 - All out offensive line. Our version of Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen or Marchand-Bergeron-Krejci
Line 2 - Strome with two solid veterans who can finish and open up space.
Line 3 - Wild card line. Two skilled guys, who have a lot to prove centered by AA
Line 4 - Probably a top five 4th line in the league. I would trust this line against most teams 2nd line, and some 1st lines.
DeBrincat and Strome have so much chemistry that ideally you keep them together. That being said I think Saad and Strome have to be on the same line together. They balance each other out more than any other pairing on the team. He could potentially play RW for Cat and Strome.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
DeBrincat and Strome have so much chemistry that ideally you keep them together. That being said I think Saad and Strome have to be on the same line together. They balance each other out more than any other pairing on the team. He could potentially play RW for Cat and Strome.
If only Saad-Toews-Kane clicked on a game to game basis like they did in the 2014-15 playoffs agaisnt Anaheim

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I feel...
Toews
Kane
DeBrincat
Strome
Saad
Shaw
Kubalik
Kampf
Caggiula
Carpenter

Are locks as the forwards right now.

**Assuming Anisimov and Perlini are traded**

Dach
Saarela
Nylander
Sikura

Are going to be fighting for at least 2 spots. It's a shame as I feel Saarela is more than ready and he doesn't get brought up enough here to make the team. Going to be an interesting camp.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Debrincat - Toews - Kane
Saad - Strome - Shaw
Kubalik - Anisimov - Nylander
Caggiula - Kampf - Carpenter

de Haan - Gustafsson
Maatta - Murphy
Keith - Seabrook

Lehner
Crawford

Just bored, spitballing lines for fun. Thoughts? @RememberTheRoar @Kevin Musto @migi

Line 1 - All out offensive line. Our version of Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen or Marchand-Bergeron-Krejci
Line 2 - Strome with two solid veterans who can finish and open up space.
Line 3 - Wild card line. Two skilled guys, who have a lot to prove centered by AA
Line 4 - Probably a top five 4th line in the league. I would trust this line against most teams 2nd line, and some 1st lines.

Pasta not Krejci.

88-19-Kubalik
12-17-92
20-77-65
91-74-RC

Reactions: Idionym

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Move Anisimov + Perlini to Montreal for Dale Weise, a 3rd, and a 5th. Bury Weise in Rockford. Enjoy the picks and cap space.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I feel...
Toews
Kane
DeBrincat
Strome
Saad
Shaw
Kubalik
Kampf
Caggiula
Carpenter

Are locks as the forwards right now.

**Assuming Anisimov and Perlini are traded**

Dach
Saarela
Nylander
Sikura

Are going to be fighting for at least 2 spots. It's a shame as I feel Saarela is more than ready and he doesn't get brought up enough here to make the team. Going to be an interesting camp.

Saarela is being overlooked some IMO. Not by me though; I fully expect Saarela to be with the hawks next year.

Like a few others that have posted in this thread I see JC experimenting breaking up the chemistry that is Cat and Strome...

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Kane and Nylander could make sweet music together. Shades of Panarin type stuff.

been thinking of this myself, I suppose Toews is the only C on our roster that would be responsible enough(that we know of) and have enough skill and skating ability.

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
Nylander-Toews-Kane (primary main scoring line)
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini (secondary scoring line)
Saad-Kampf-Shaw (main shutdown line with some scoring ability, I really like this line)
Kubalik-Anisimov-Carpenter (I really don't know this one :huh:)
Caggiula

De Haan-Murphy (shutdown pair)
Maata-Gustafsson (balance pair to go with Strome line)
Keith-Seabrook (limit their minutes so hopefully they're more fresh)

Crawford-Lehner :)bow:)

Ideally we need another Saad type player for the Strome line, you can put Saad there I guess but I really like him with Shaw and Kampf. Overall that's a playoff team, much much better than the dog shit that was last season.

This lineup have $98,000 in cap space :laugh:.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Perlini is maddeningly inconsistent, but am not in favor of jettisoning him, assuming he'll take a 2 year "prove it" deal at ~$1.3-1.5M. Too soon to let him go.
totally agree..... in the big picture his salary is doable .... but with the anchors that the Bhawks have, that little amount may be too much for the Bhawks to handle.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Completely stoked about this season's team*. The players should be ravenous. Let's go! What did Tom Petty say about the waiting?

* - am not suggesting the team is without warts, but JFC we're in massively better shape than we were a very short while ago.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Perlini is maddeningly inconsistent, but am not in favor of jettisoning him, assuming he'll take a 2 year "prove it" deal at ~$1.3-1.5M. Too soon to let him go.
And where exactly does he fit in the lineup? Because he doesn't deserve a spot over Nylander or Dach or Kubalik or Sikura. And I'd certainly rather give a look to Saarela before I'd give one to Perlini.

There's a reason Stan has dealt with all of our RFAs except Perlini. He's gone.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Completely stoked about this season's team*. The players should be ravenous. Let's go! What did Tom Petty say about the waiting?

* - am not suggesting the team is without warts, but JFC we're in massively better shape than we were a very short while ago.

Can’t wait. This should be a very exciting team to watch given the goal scoring and goaltending. They added Crawford to the coaching staff. Really like the potential for this coming season. After the last 2 seasons, it’ll be especially enjoyable for all of us.

Reactions: LDF

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
And where exactly does he fit in the lineup? Because he doesn't deserve a spot over Nylander or Dach or Kubalik or Sikura. And I'd certainly rather give a look to Saarela before I'd give one to Perlini.

There's a reason Stan has dealt with all of our RFAs except Perlini. He's gone.

I'm not a big Perlini fan at all but you just listed 4 players who have 11 total NHL goals between them for their careers.

Dach will stay or go based on weather they think he's ready. Why does Sikura "deserve" a spot over him exactly?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm not a big Perlini fan at all but you just listed 4 players who have 11 total NHL goals between them for their careers.

Dach will stay or go based on weather they think he's ready. Why does Sikura "deserve" a spot over him exactly?
If you take point totals out of the equation and just look at who plays more sound and effective hockey, it's Sikura.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I don’t see the need to trade Perlini. He has size, a good shot, and speed. You give players like that some more time than 46 games. He’s 23!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If you take point totals out of the equation and just look at who plays more sound and effective hockey, it's Sikura.

Perhaps, but he in no way deserves a spot. Him and Perlini are in the same boat, they need to prove it.

For the record, I have no issue moving on from Perlini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad