2019-2020 expected roster volume 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
All I know is Toews and Kane better be attached at the hip like they were to begin their careers.

Their game compliments eaxh other very well and they have highly underrated chemistry.

The same for Cat and Strome. The rest of the team can fill in wherever for all I care.

I agree. Toews is pretty awesome at things that are seen as Kane's shortcomings.

I just want that third line to be an excellent two-way line that takes all the tough matchups if Toews is going to go all-out offense.

So that's on Saad and Shaw plus whatever center they play with.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
saarella-Toews-Nylander
Kubalik-Dach/Kurashev/Quenville/Shaw-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Saad
Cagguila-Kampf-Shaw/Carpenter
Carpenter

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
In my opinion, Saad is better suited for the 3rd line. He does better against lesser defensive pairings / bottom 6. When he plays up on the top lines, the pressure seems to get to him ... at least since he was traded to CBus.

Reactions: Fortyfives

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Saarela and nylander are highly skilled and imo they could make a formidable trio

But c'mon, you want to throw two guys with little to no experience on the first line with Toews?

Also, with the way you have it that Toews line would absolutely need to return to being the matchup and shutdown line. How's that going to work with an AHLer, and a guy who played 15 NHL games?

I can't think of any young player that just gets tossed right into a high-intensity and key shutdown/two-way matchup role.

When Kane and Toews are together, the third line becomes the matchup line. It can't be the matchup line if it's DeBrincat-Strome-Saad.

I get that you're going for just three scoring lines and only the fourth line plays defense, but I think you need to at least consider using two lines to matchup when creating lineup suggestions.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
But c'mon, you want to throw two guys with little to no experience on the first line with Toews?

Also, with the way you have it that Toews line would absolutely need to return to being the matchup and shutdown line. How's that going to work with an AHLer, and a guy who played 15 NHL games?

I can't think of any young player that just gets tossed right into a high-intensity and key shutdown/two-way matchup role.

When Kane and Toews are together, the third line becomes the matchup line. It can't be the matchup line if it's DeBrincat-Strome-Saad.

I get that you're going for just three scoring lines and only the fourth line plays defense, but I think you need to at least consider using two lines to matchup when creating lineup suggestions.

I just believe that saarella and nylander would be a great winger tandem. Put another C between them if you like. Too bad anisimov is not adequate any longer imo cause you could go saarela-AA-nylander as a 3rd line.... Sam Bennett would be perfect between those two

I suppose dach could work but I doubt three rookies together would happen

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I just believe that saarella and nylander would be a great winger tandem. Put another C between them if you like. Too bad anisimov is not adequate any longer imo cause you could go saarela-AA-nylander as a 3rd line.... Sam Bennett would be perfect between those two

I suppose dach could work but I doubt three rookies together would happen

But that wouldn't solve the problem either, in my opinion.

That third and fourth line need to carry as much of the matchup load as possible if the top-6 lines are remaining ??-Toews-Kane and DeBrincat-Strome-?? as Stan alluded to the other day.

Saarella-center-Nylander doesn't look like a two-way matchup line to me. Saad-center-Shaw does look like two-thirds of one.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
But that wouldn't solve the problem either, in my opinion.

That third and fourth line need to carry as much of the matchup load as possible if the top-6 lines are remaining ??-Toews-Kane and DeBrincat-Strome-?? as Stan alluded to the other day.

Saarella-center-Nylander doesn't look like a two-way matchup line to me. Saad-center-Shaw does look like two-thirds of one.

Saarella-Centre-Nylander depending on who the C is looks like a potential offensive producing line that would likely get the competitions weakest line, they could do well if placed in that situation.

so go ahead with Saad-????-Shaw as a third so long as the ???? is not Anisimov, those three together will be a disaster IMO, the C has to be someone who can at least skate like an average NHLer, perhaps Kurashev or Dach will impress and land that spot

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Don't see Shaw at C working out especially with two rookies on his wing

someone has to play 3C and it should never be Anisimov unless he has two speedy skilled guys on his wings... so go ahead and try Saarella-AA-Nylander then
or here is hoping one of Dach and Kurashev make it or Queenville impresses as he can play C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad