2019-2020 expected roster volume 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Your right he isn't Handzus

Even at end Handzus was giving honest effort on ice just couldn't hack it anymore physically ,, AA on other hand has been lazy and gives half hearted effort most nights over last 2 years
AA being lazy is a new narrative from you. He was an overpaid 3C for the past two years I was told. This summer he’s devolved into trash.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You honestly are saying he has given honest effort defensively over last 2 years? That we didn't see a good # of controller disconnect moments from AA?

He isn't a good player and is on fast decline

His final 2 years on contract are likely why we cant seem to dump him anywhere

Dach or Kurashev as rookies offer team more then AA at this point

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You honestly are saying he has given honest effort defensively over last 2 years? That we didn't see a good # of controller disconnect moments from AA?

He’s made mistakes sure but he’s been fine defensively. You’re moving goal posts. Again.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Your right he isn't Handzus

Even at end Handzus was giving honest effort on ice just couldn't hack it anymore physically ,, AA on other hand has been lazy and gives half hearted effort most nights over last 2 years
I dont see that. The only way I think you could draw that conclusion is mistaking Anisimovs lack of speed for lack of effort. The only guy this past season who I thought honestly didnt give a shit at times was Perlini.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I dont see that. The only way I think you could draw that conclusion is mistaking Anisimovs lack of speed for lack of effort. The only guy this past season who I thought honestly didnt give a **** at times was Perlini.
Yea. AA will chase guys in his own end and with his sub par skating he’ll be out of position and unable to correct but it’s not a lack of effort thing.

Reactions: Kdotsection88

CCook37

Jun 11, 2014
Chicago, IL

Have you seen Dach or Kurashev play at the NHL level yet? Sure they have more upside but they shouldn't be rushed. AA is a fine 3C.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't need to see either

Removing AA should be a priority from this team and it doesn't matter who plays in his spot

He is a detriment to this team now and going forward

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Laz idea of our 3rd pairing

:eek:

Woosh. What an argument.

No argument needs to be made from me

Your the one trying to pretend AA is a positive for this team going forward. Explain what he does well and how it cant be replaced? Also explain how his 2 yrs at 4.55M is not a detriment to team at this point

He is the F version of Seabrook

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And you have moved the goal posts yet again. Kampf at four million is a bad contract. It doesn’t make him a bad hockey player.

AA has bad contract and is bad player

Odd how Bobrovsky a 2x Vezina winner is bad now that he plays in Florida and joined Q according to people on this board but AA being bad and having bad contract is a good thing

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Odd how Bobrovsky a 2x Vezina winner is bad now that he plays in Florida and joined Q according to people on this board but AA being bad and having bad contract is a good thing
Lol I’m done. Keep jumping all over the place instead of owning up to what has been presented to you as fallacious. Enjoy your night.

CCook37

Jun 11, 2014
Chicago, IL

Bob has 7 years left on his. AA has 2 years left on his. They play a different position. Can't really compare the two.

AA isn't bad. Maybe a little over paid but not bad. Bowman isn't a bad GM. He has made bad moves but still a top half GM in the league.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Laz idea of our 3rd pairing

:eek:

No argument needs to be made from me

Your the one trying to pretend AA is a positive for this team going forward. Explain what he does well and how it cant be replaced? Also explain how his 2 yrs at 4.55M is not a detriment to team at this point

He is the F version of Seabrook

oh boy if Seabrook and Maatta are our third pairing day in and day out the hawks are in trouble. Maatta, is slow in his own right and his "good positioning" may cover up his own turtle status but there is no way that it will cover the albatross that is Seabrook in addition.

JC better think of a better combo than that otherwise we are toast unless 4K plays more games than 7 mill

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
de Haan - Gustafsson
Maatta - Murphy
Keith - Seabrook

Best way to balance the pairings IMO.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Assuming AA is traded and Perlini is signed:

Saad-Toews-Shaw/Dach
Nylander-Shaw/Dach-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini
Caggiula-Carpenter-Kampf
Sikura/Kubalik

Keith-Murphy
Maatta-Gustafsson
de Haan-Seabrook
Koekkoek/Dahlstrom

Crawford
Lehner

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
On the Blackhawks Insider Podcast they had Stan on and he refereed to the "household names" on the team being permanent fixtures on the top 2 lines, and then specified them as Toews, Kane, DeBrincat, Strome. Not exactly newsworthy, but Stan really views those guys as the core.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
agreed with the caveat being that Seabrook should not play more than 40 games throughout the season
He can play 82 if his minutes are at 15-16 per game.

Gus 24 Mins - 1st PP unit
Keith 22 Mins - 1st PK unit, 2nd PP unit*
Murphy 20 Mins - 1st PK unit
de Haan 19 Mins - 2nd PK unit
Maatta 19 Mins - 2nd PK unit
Seabrook 16 Mins - 2nd PP unit*

Gus minutes are the highest as he will be the lone Dman on the top PP unit, and can play some shifts with Keith if needing a goal.

But overall, our top 5 should average 19-21 minutes a game most nights, with Seabrook being in the 15-16 range.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Debrincat - Toews - Kane
Saad - Strome - Shaw
Kubalik - Anisimov - Nylander
Caggiula - Kampf - Carpenter

de Haan - Gustafsson
Maatta - Murphy
Keith - Seabrook

Lehner
Crawford

Just bored, spitballing lines for fun. Thoughts? @RememberTheRoar @Kevin Musto @migi

Line 1 - All out offensive line. Our version of Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen or Marchand-Bergeron-Krejci
Line 2 - Strome with two solid veterans who can finish and open up space.
Line 3 - Wild card line. Two skilled guys, who have a lot to prove centered by AA
Line 4 - Probably a top five 4th line in the league. I would trust this line against most teams 2nd line, and some 1st lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad