2018 Verizon IndyCar Series schedule (post #1)

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Nice ending, but I hate that the city of Indianapolis will never get to see the race live. I'd love for the blackout to be lifted for the 100th running of the race... as an experiment.

I believe the race is shown on delay...the IPL 500 PARADE isn't blackout, and NBCSN shows that.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
GP of Detroit @ the Raceway @ Belle Isle Park Duel # 1:

pole to the Penske # 1 of Will Power; race called due to severe weather at lap 41 OF THE 70 lap distance; had been considered a 2 hr timed event; but Andretti Autosport's Carlos Munoz awarded 1st career win due to weather; Marco Andretti finishes 2nd despite multiple issues dodging weather/incidents.

IMHO, Just BECAUSE Penske loves promoting Belle Isle, why they continue to race there after the issues w/ the track coming apart a few years ago, and the constant weather issues surrounding these duels, makes me think why couldn't Indycar move these to MIS?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
pole to the Penske # 1 of Will Power; race called due to severe weather at lap 41 OF THE 70 lap distance; had been considered a 2 hr timed event; but Andretti Autosport's Carlos Munoz awarded 1st career win due to weather; Marco Andretti finishes 2nd despite multiple issues dodging weather/incidents.

IMHO, Just BECAUSE Penske loves promoting Belle Isle, why they continue to race there after the issues w/ the track coming apart a few years ago, and the constant weather issues surrounding these duels, makes me think why couldn't Indycar move these to MIS?

A different track in the same general area won't change the weather issues. And I'll take a guess and say the street course venues may be more profitable to the series than an oval?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Thanks IndyCar for the most asinine scheduling you could possibly come up with for this race. It's only going to be a billion degrees in Fontana (F or C, take your pick) this time of year, like it always is. I quit going to races in this kind of weather a few years ago.

Two years ago I saw a great race to finish the season in October. Guess that made too much sense. :shakehead

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Thanks IndyCar for the most asinine scheduling you could possibly come up with for this race. It's only going to be a billion degrees in Fontana (F or C, take your pick) this time of year, like it always is. I quit going to races in this kind of weather a few years ago.

Two years ago I saw a great race to finish the season in October. Guess that made too much sense. :shakehead

Yep. The schedule this year is beyond stupid. We axed a perfectly good venue in Baltimore too, in order to get this "done before Labor Day" idea to work. Dumb dumb dumb.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Nice to see IndyCar is trying to get someone killed with pack racing...again

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
They need to do something and quickly. Experimenting with the aero packages every race weekend is dangerous.

I also noticed, while watch from home instead of attending, why it is the MavTV 500. It looks like they had about 500 people actually attend the race. Brilliant scheduling. :shakehead

IndyCar needs much better leadership. At this rate, they will run themselves out of business.

tezgm99

Jan 12, 2015
Cranbrook
Well that was an interesting race. I really thought Newgarden or Dixon had that, but Bourdais just lit the afterburners from halfway on :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad