2018 Verizon IndyCar Series schedule (post #1)

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
2018 Verizon IndyCar Series schedule

March 11: Firestone Grand Prix Of St. Petersburg, Streets of St. Petersburg, ABC, 12:30pm ET

April 7: Phoenix Grand Prix, ISM Raceway (Phoenix), NBCSN, 9pm ET

April 15: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Streets of Long Beach, NBCSN, 4pm ET

April 22: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, Barber Motorsports Park, NBCSN, 3pm ET

May 12: IndyCar Grand Prix, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, ABC, 3:30pm ET

May 19: Indy 500 Qualifying, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, ABC, 4pm ET

May 20: Indy 500 Qualifying, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, ABC, 4pm ET

May 27: Indianapolis 500, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, ABC, 12pm ET

June 2-3: Chevrolet Dual in Detroit Races 1 & 2, The Raceway at Belle Isle Park, ABC, 3:30pm ET

June 9: DXC Technology 600, Texas Motor Speedway, NBCSN, 8pm ET

June 24: Kohler Grand Prix, Road America, NBCSN, 12:30pm ET

July 8: Iowa Corn 300, Iowa Speedway, NBCSN, 2pm ET

July 15: Honda Indy Toronto, Streets of Toronto, NBCSN, 3pm ET

July 29: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, NBCSN, 3pm ET

Aug. 19: ABC Supply 500, Pocono Raceway, NBCSN, 1:30pm ET

Aug. 25: Bommarito Automotive Group 500, Gateway Motorsports Park, NBCSN, 8pm ET

Sept. 2: Grand Prix of Portland, Portland International Raceway, NBCSN, 2:30pm ET

Sept. 16: Grand Prix of Sonoma, Sonoma Raceway, NBCSN, 6:30pm ET

Official web site: The Official Site of IndyCar News, Drivers, Schedule & Shop | IndyCar.com

=================

2016 Verizon IndyCar Series schedule

10-27-2016-VICS-Schedule-530bottom.jpg

Source: Zsa Zsa Gabor 99 y/o has died. R. I. P. “dah-link”
-------------------------

Here's to a great and safe 2015 series! :newyear:
Let's get some good activity going here this year. :thumbu:
2015 Schedule...
3/8 Brazil (NBCSN)
3/29 St. Petersburg (ABC)
4/12 New Orleans (NBCSN)
4/19 Long Beach (NBCSN)
4/26 Barber (NBCSN)
5/9 GP of Indianapolis (Saturday, ABC)
5/16-17 Indianapolis 500 Qualifying (ABC)
5/24 Indianapolis 500 (ABC)
5/30-31 Detroit (Doubleheader, both ABC)
6/6 Texas (Saturday night, NBCSN)
6/14 Toronto (NBCSN)
6/27 Fontana (Saturday, NBCSN)
7/12 Milwaukee (NBCSN)
7/18 Iowa (Saturday night, NBCSN)
8/2 Mid-Ohio (NBCSN)
8/23 Pocono (NBCSN)
8/30 Sonoma (NBCSN)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 6, 2007
Just read an article in today's Star about the future of IndyCar.

It's suggested that the series could end within a couple years - or after the 100th Indy 500 - (what else is new). You can read more here: http://www.thestar.com/autos/2015/01/25/indycar-on-borrowed-time-tsn-sportsnet-ignore-daytona.html

Interesting proposal to end the series, but maintain a 2 or 3 race schedule just in May and only at Indianapolis - a road race, then the 500 on the oval. It's really the only race that draws any sort of attention, unfortunately.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Interesting article. And it is a concern that the CEO of the Hulman businesses has no interest in racing. But they are complete fools if they think two one offs which would have questionable cost savings due to one being oval and one being road, will attract enough business to make it worth the effort. The only way that flies, if at all, is to throw all specs out the window other than maybe HP. Take the race back to what it used to be with new ideas coming to the track every year. Maybe that could work. But if you're gonna run spec cars, you better run a season of them.

I also think it would be quite foolish of them to give up with nascar attendance continuing to spiral downward. Just because last year's new chase gimmick was successful does not mean it will be every year.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
So... Brian Barnhart is back as Race Control Director.

What's the over/under on killed/severely maimed drivers during THIS tenure of his incompetence? And while we're at it, is that a higher or lower percentage then the odds Ganassi is gifted another title?

Sometimes, IndyCar is really ****ing stupid. This is one of those times.

"Hey, derp, I know, remember that guy we fired for being super bad at his job. Let's bring him back."

-sigh-

Is it bad that I hold it against the entire state of Indiana that CART, and by extension, proper AOWR, is dead?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I have a solution. What open wheel racing in the US needs to do is sell out to Tony Stewart. It would be a perfect move for Tony away from nascrap. He could even give Jeff Gordon a job with the series. It would be a huge step up for the series.

Coq Rouge

Madame Terror
Jun 14, 2013
In what way? We don't seem to really know any of the details.

The only thing we know is, that they apparently sold 2/3 of the tickets. I don't know, what their expectations were, but that doesn't seem too problematic considering that the race is in 5 weeks.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
2/3rds of the tickets were sold with still over a month to go before the event, construction was going to be on time, and then a big money backer pulls out? Just seems odd to me.

I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just not sure we really know the real truth of what happened. You would think legal contracts wouldn't allow the main sponsor to just walk away like that.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
James Jakes replaces Mikhail Aleshin @ Schmidt-Peterson Motorsports, Jakes will be teamed w/ James Hinchcliffe----Simon Pagenaud jumped to 4th Penske entry, Aleshin's sponsorship collapsed----Indy Star

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->