2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING | Feb 10th - 25th

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Wonderful. One person in Norway (the coach) wanted Sundby to go. The rest didn't. Looks like the rest were correct. Even if I don't think Sundby cares about the American.

Oct 18, 2006
"Put your hands in the air. Put your hands up in the air". I swear if I hear the PA guy say this one more time I'm gonna lose the plot.

Oct 18, 2006
Wonderful. One person in Norway (the coach) wanted Sundby to go. The rest didn't. Looks like the rest were correct. Even if I don't think Sundby cares about the American.
Genuinely surprised he was selected over Iversen.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Genuinely surprised he was selected over Iversen.

Or Krüger.

We'll see. Hopefully it is just Sundby's "diesel engine" that needs a bit of time. I don't think so, but not impossible. Kalla also looked a bit sluggish so....

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Disappointing from a Norwegian point of view. Cool if the US wins though. Good for the sport.

Oct 18, 2006
USA wow. Can't believe that.

There was some serious jostling for position towards the end.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Norway were crap. Bjørgen is too old and Falla isn't in the same shape as last season.

Not much that could have been done differently though. Considering racers like Weng aren't in great form either.

Happy to see the Americans win. Seems like great girls and good for the sport going forward (not that I dislike the Swedes).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Like the headline at aftonbladet.se now "we beat Norway, but xxxx"

Haha.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Norway were crap. Bjørgen is too old and Falla isn't in the same shape as last season.

Not much that could have been done differently though. Considering racers like Weng aren't in great form either.

Happy to see the Americans win. Seems like great girls and good for the sport going forward (not that I dislike the Swedes).
Björgen just won three medals during these very games. She is not what she used to be but she's hardly crap. And Falla just won a sprint silver. But agreed, who else would you have put on that team?

Oct 18, 2006
Nilsson was the disappointing one. Sprint champion and although she was serviceable, didn't really do anything overly impressive.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Björgen just won three medals during these very games. She is not what she used to be but she's hardly crap. And Falla just won a sprint silver. But agreed, who else would you have put on that team?

Crap relative to their potential.

Bjørgen would normally absolutely crush Randall (not that Randall is bad, but she is not what she used to be either).

Falla isn't necessarily better than Diggins in freestyle (or Nilsson for that matter). You could see up the last hill that Falla didn't have the "punch" she has in peak condition though.

I didn't expect Norway to win before the event, but got a bit more optimistic after the semi. Expected 2nd though.

Reactions: Eisen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad