2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING | Feb 10th - 25th

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Crap relative to their potential.

Bjørgen would normally absolutely crush Randall (not that Randall is bad, but she is not what she used to be either).

Falla isn't necessarily better than Diggins in freestyle (or Nilsson for that matter). You could see up the last hill that Falla didn't have the "punch" she has in peak condition though.

I didn't expect Norway to win before the event, but got a bit more optimistic after the semi. Expected 2nd though.
Falla didn't seem as strong as last year. I expected SWE/NOR/USA in that order. Got the teams right but the wrong order.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Haha Calle always lets the swedes down. Either he has a bad day or the few times he has a good day he manage to f*** it up with bad tactical decisions :laugh: Possibly the biggest loser out there, must have been fun for Northug to smack talk him all the time

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Haha Calle always lets the swedes down. Either he has a bad day or the few times he has a good day he manage to **** it up with bad tactical decisions :laugh: Possibly the biggest loser out there, must have been fun for Northug to smack talk him all the time

He really need to train with a sport psychologist. He has taken help, but really dig into it. I am convinced that his biggest improvement for going ahead is dealing with his confidence.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
He really need to train with a sport psychologist. He has taken help, but really dig into it. I am convinced that his biggest improvement for going ahead is dealing with his confidence.

Yeah, seems like he decided to not show up for the media afterwards?

Feel kind of bad for Hellner, after a tough season he seems to be in decent form but since 50km is in classic I don't think he has much of a chance

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Stayed up to watch Diggans and Randall make history. Kiki and Jessie are just so dorky and adorable together I love them! Great job!

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
(about Weng cheering on the race)

Which in my eyes was disgusting. Found it super disrespectful towards Pärmäkoski and Nilsson. Pärmäkoski even had to turn her head to see if she was getting caught and got stressed, the last thing you want after that nasty climb. That's when I really started to dislike Weng. If it was a team sprint/race I could see it, but not when it's individual. Weng and Johaug ain't to popular in Sweden

It is wrong to cheer on your teammates in a race? Really?

So, the word is disgusting. Yay.

And I miss Johaug. Man. How I miss her. Busted for using non-helping amounts of dope without intent of cheating- found somewhere they should never be (who put east-german dope in lip-balsam?) Yay. But I see why Swedes can be confused there.

About cheering on your team-mates? So, that is wrong for you.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
(about Weng cheering on the race)

It is wrong to cheer on your teammates in a race? Really?

So, the word is disgusting. Yay.

And I miss Johaug. Man. How I miss her. Busted for using non-helping amounts of dope without intent of cheating- found somewhere they should never be (who put east-german dope in lip-balsam?) Yay. But I see why Swedes can be confused there.

About cheering on your team-mates? So, that is wrong for you.

Yes. There is cheering and there is cheering. Plus that was an individual race, not a team race. Like I said I can see it in a team sprint for example. I found it very disrespectful and unprofessional, and I wasn’t alone, trust me. Maybe disgusting was a little bit harsh.

The reason for the Johaug dislike here isn’t because people think she cheated. Some do, but most do not. However most people got tired of her whining and the fact that she put it all on the doctor and claimed she had no responsibility at all and that rules shouldn’t apply to her. She got caught with illegal substances, yes the doctor f***ed up but so did she. No one force fed her, she decided to trust the doctor 100% and not even check what it contained, she put it on herself, her responsibility.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
NBC color commentator for the women's team event was a joy to listen to. dude totally lost his **** there and for good reasons. really enjoyed that.

That was fantastic :laugh: Not a ton for the US to cheer about these Olympics relative to years passed, so a great, historic moment to enjoy there.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
50km Mas Start, Alex Harvey is 2nd starting position, long race but could be another medal for Canada!

EDIT: And he is leading the group out of the gate!

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Looks like Diggins got picked by the American athletes to carry the flag in the closing ceremonies. Her reaction?

"They couldn't have picked me! It's got to be a mistake!" So derpy! :)

I hope they let Kiki go with her since it was a team effort.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Looks like Diggins got picked by the American athletes to carry the flag in the closing ceremonies. Her reaction?

"They couldn't have picked me! It's got to be a mistake!" So derpy! :)

I hope they let Kiki go with her since it was a team effort.

Kikkan did amazing. That Diggins could hang with Nilsson and Falla over 3x1.25km doesn't surprise me. However I thought Kalla and Björgen would distance themself quite a lot from the other teams, but she hung in there. What surprised me was she(Diggins) beat them in the stadium. If it would've happened I thought it would have been a little bit earlier

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad