Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

5XtNsUH.jpg

Last edited:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Björgen will probably get her act together again and bring in a few gold medals. However with the Season Kalla has had I'm optimistic. Plus pretty much 50/50 between Nilsson and Falla in the sprint

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm watching this skiathlon and if you're in the back you're pretty screwed. There's not much passing going on.

Has anyone started from the back and medeled before.

I don't watch this event very much.

Oct 18, 2006
I'm watching this skiathlon and if you're in the back you're pretty screwed. There's not much passing going on.

The freestyle technique provides more opportunities to pass. It's on the climbs where people can make their moves.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

The person who's leading now had bib 35 which meant she was about middle of the pack. Maybe had to extend a bit more energy getting to the front, but it's not like it's a 1 km race. If you're good enough to break with a pack you'll just pass those that aren't. Far from screwed.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Not very often as the strongest often start in the front rows.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Where I am at the top 10 are single digit bibs. I think number 8 is winning and pulling away at this stretch.

The climbs are the eaqulizers. It's like the amazing race. :D

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Where I am at the top 10 are single digit bibs. I think number 8 is winning and pulling away at this stretch.

The climbs are the eaqulizers. It's like the amazing race. :D

That's got more to do with the best skiers getting the lowest bib numbers than it does with them starting at the front.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So the bib number isn't starting position? That's interesting.

It is, but it's not random they give the best skiers the lowest bib numbers and put them at the front. Them leading has far more to do with them being the best skiers than it does them being at the front. Put them at the back to start and they'd quickly get to the front first chance they get, or the first pack that breaks off. It's not that crowded that they stay in the same order for very long.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
So our commentators don't know that Finland is not a part of Scandinavia.
They get put together all the time. In Germany we have that tendency, too. There are different definitions, I don`t think there is a definitive one. Geographically, the north west of Finland is on the peninsula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad