2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING | Feb 10th - 25th

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Kalla claiming both grip and glide were awful, even worse after the ski change. The crew has been terrible at getting the skis right during this Olmpics

Felt bad for her, she looked really cooked (understandably so if the skis were terrible). Don't think she would follow Bjoergen today, but a medal would be a sure thing.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
How difficult would it be to put some traffic cones or something on the track so mistakes like that wouldn't happen? :facepalm: I know it's everyone's own responsibility to know the track but athletes are so focused on skiing I imagine it's very easy to make such a mistake.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
You can't close the route when there's traffic both ways. An unfortunate situation, but it's also not realistic to do a continuous track of 30 or 50 kilometres so that's how it is.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Felt bad for her, she looked really cooked (understandably so if the skis were terrible). Don't think she would follow Bjoergen today, but a medal would be a sure thing.

She began on bad skis and changed for even worse ones. She is in such good shape so there is no question she would have been up there for the medal with better skis. I mean she should be better than Stina Nilsson on 30 km.
Här får Charlotte Kalla sin medaljchans förstörd

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
You can't close the route when there's traffic both ways. An unfortunate situation, but it's also not realistic to do a continuous track of 30 or 50 kilometres so that's how it is.

Ok, I thought the route was out of use during that competition.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Not sure about the exact route, but they were skiing around a golf course in a bit complex way for the right distance:

2017020200092_0.jpg

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

She is usually very polite in her interviews even when she has had a bad day. But yesterday she looked like she was ready to kill. We had great skis in Sochi when Norway struggled, I guess it was our time this time. Evening races was fine but they seemed to struggle during the day when the sun was up.

Yeah Björgen was untouchable. Such an amazing athlete, so much respect for her. Well deserved to finish of her Olympic career with a gold medal + medal in all of the races she did.

Pumped for Stina, expected her to finish way behind the top.

For us though hopefully Kalla has the motivation to continue through 2022. We could have a fantastic relay team then with Kalla, Nilsson, Ebba Andersson and up and coming Frida Karlsson(She will probably make her debut in the World Cup next weekend in Lahtis or Falun in a few weeks). Men's not looking to good for the future though..

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
Did anyone watch the mens 50km or women's 30km from Holmenkollen? Absolutely insane races, both. Cologna beating Sundby by about 5 centimetres, and then Bjoergen somehow clawing back 37 seconds on the leading trio. I don't know how she does it, what an absolute freak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->